siemens RDJ10rf help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i've trawled through a number of posts relating to this controller, but i'm struggling to get the answer i'm looking for.
Basically i think i just need confirmation on whetheer i'm doing everything right.

we inherited this controller from the house's previous owner, i've downloaded the manual and it seems straightforward enough, but i must be getting something wrong.

As i understand it, if we have the controller on comfort or setback settings, the figure you set is the temperature you want to trigger the heating coming on?
our comfort is currently set at 17 and setback at 10 and the operating mode is on comfort, yet the heating keeps coming on and staying on in the morning even though the temperature in the house is over 22?

i must be doing something wrong. help me turn my heating off!
thanks

Sponsored Links
As i understand it, if we have the controller on comfort or setback settings, the figure you set is the temperature you want to trigger the heating coming on?
That's correct. The comfort temperature is what you require when the house needs to be warm, e.g. 21C, and the setback temperature (e.g. 10C) at other times, e.g overnight or when out. In normal circumstances the boiler will be off during setback times.

the heating keeps coming on and staying on in the morning even though the temperature in the house is over 22?
What happens if you set the comfort temperature to a really high value - above 22C - say 30C?

Hi, thanks for the response.
I'll have to try it again, but as far as i can tell it just stays on.
If we keep the comfort at a much higher lever will it not come on?

It's almost as if its coming on with the timer, but i assumed that if the operating mode wasn't set to auto the timer wouldn't come on?

Sponsored Links
If we keep the comfort at a much higher lever will it not come on?
That's what should happen! I want to know if it does because, if the heating goes off when the stat is turned above the actual room temperature, it means the stat has been wired incorrectly.

Also check what happens when you set the comfort to a lower temperature. Obviously the boiler should go off, but if wrongly wired it will stay on.

You can temporarily change the comfort temperature by rotating the dial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back