SIME 100c Format boiler .. FAN NOT GETTING ANY POWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I am new to his site and not very technical with boilers/plumbing so please try and use full phrases rather then abbreviations, thanks.

Ok Firstly I had a problem with the boiler giving out luke warm water, I had a "home emergency" cover with barclays bank so I called them, they sent a engineer who looked no older then 24 who diagnosed the "Heat Exchanger" as being faulty and stated that before they replaced the part I needed a "Power Flush" of the system which was not covered in the policy (suprise suprise).

Anyway what I did was took out the "heat exchanger" myself and cleaned it and also replaced the "diaphram" which is inside the "Diverter Valve". When I put all the items back in the boiler would power up but I noticed the FAN was getting no power. The pump works fine and the Fuse in the PCB was also OK.

I followed the intructions in the boiler manual and it diagnosed that the PCB was faulty and needed to be replaced. I replaced the PCB and still no change, Fan was not getting power hence not working ( I used a electrical deivce to check if the component was getting power or not, forgot what its called).

So my problem is that the FAN will not work due to no power, Can anyone please help me as I have kids and have not got hot water or CH since Saturday 28th Feb 2011.

Also if someone know if the Engineer that came from barlclays was talking a load of tosh ref power flush.

Look forward in hearing your suggestions. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont know whats wrong with your boiler without being there and diagnosing the fault.

If the plate HE was blocked with dirt then I would say the engineer was spot on! Of course it may not need power flushing if you accept the risk the plate HE will need cleaning from time to time.

I would guess that you have disturbed something.

For less than the cost of a new PCB you could have had an engineer diagnose the fault on your boiler.

Tony

I dont know whats wrong with your boiler without being there and diagnosing the fault.

If the plate HE was blocked with dirt then I would say the engineer was spot on! Of course it may not need power flushing if you accept the risk the plate HE will need cleaning from time to time.

I would guess that you have disturbed something.

For less than the cost of a new PCB you could have had an engineer diagnose the fault on your boiler.

Tony

Hmmmm ... I guess I should have, I was only trying to save money. and have been ripped off in the past from engineers so decided to D.I.Y, I ex British Gas Man came yesterday and could not figure it out ...... I have a V Angry wife and 2 children doing my head in!!! I need advise asap

Hi everyone.

I am new to his site and not very technical with boilers/plumbing so please try and use full phrases rather then abbreviations, thanks.

Ok Firstly I had a problem with the boiler giving out luke warm water, I had a "home emergency" cover with barclays bank so I called them, they sent a engineer who looked no older then 24 who diagnosed the "Heat Exchanger" as being faulty and stated that before they replaced the part I needed a "Power Flush" of the system which was not covered in the policy (suprise suprise).

Anyway what I did was took out the "heat exchanger" myself and cleaned it and also replaced the "diaphram" which is inside the "Diverter Valve". When I put all the items back in the boiler would power up but I noticed the FAN was getting no power. The pump works fine and the Fuse in the PCB was also OK.

I followed the intructions in the boiler manual and it diagnosed that the PCB was faulty and needed to be replaced. I replaced the PCB and still no change, Fan was not getting power hence not working ( I used a electrical deivce to check if the component was getting power or not, forgot what its called).

So my problem is that the FAN will not work due to no power, Can anyone please help me as I have kids and have not got hot water or CH since Saturday 28th Feb 2011.

Also if someone know if the Engineer that came from barlclays was talking a load of tosh ref power flush.

Look forward in hearing your suggestions. Thanks.

Is there a engineer in the Hayes Middlesex area that can come and give me a diagnosis & quote? I am sure its something minor but cannot figure out what.

Sponsored Links
only thing i can think of is the pump flow switch not operating once the pump runs causing no power to fan

Ray

only thing i can think of is the pump flow switch not operating once the pump runs causing no power to fan

Ray

Thanks ... got somene coming round today, hopefully will get it fixed and not get ripped off!

Is there a engineer in the Hayes Middlesex area that can come and give me a diagnosis & quote? I am sure its something minor but cannot figure out what.

Now I can see why you are staying cold!

You expect an engineer to come and give you a free diagnopsis of the problem so that you can then fix it yourself or get someone cheaper!

You are a customer who wants to rip off the engineer!

I charge £84 in our local area to diagnose boiler faults. With dodgy people like you I have to collect that with cash before I tell you whats wrong!

Why do you expect competent people to diagnose your problem free?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back