SIME Friendly E - Vibrates and Noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wall Hung boiler - seems to work fine but vibrates like crazy and is noisy. Even outside by the flue it is really load like a rattling noise. Pressure gauge shows 1.5bar and only needs topping up every 6 months by a little. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
This is really a pretty unfriendly boiler!

The fans often wear out and become noisy. Its probably that which has caused your noise.

My usual advice is that if you can still sleep then wait until it fails and get your local boiler engineer to hold a spare in stock ready.

Tony

Thanks Agile Tony, you are spot on correct.

Last night the boiler totally stopped working. Just made a humming noise but no action under the hood. Mrs says its my fault and to fix it today !

called engineer this morning - theyre too busy to visit being inundated with loads of boiler problems it seems. Anyway i explained symptons and they said its probably the fan. Have just taken it apart given it a squirt of wd40 and it fires up now and seems to be working, but the fan is really noisy. Engineer said SIME went bust a few years back and the parts are hard to get hold of but i can see the fan is a SIFAN FFB - Hopefully I can still pick one of these up. Any good ideas to start me on my search ?

The engineer suggest replacement w/c 8th Jan with condensing boiler for £2k !! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thats total nonsence!

The British firm selling Sime boilers was put into liquidation but almost immediately the itallian parent set up a subsidary but were hampered because the UK firm held onto the telphone numbers and web site.

The spares are as available as any other boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back