sime friendly format 80e hot water problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above the boiler fires up OK in hot water mode (central heating works fine) but seems to reach temperature too quick within the boiler although it never gets better that warm at the tap.

I've not worked on these boilers before and I've come the conclusion that the water to water heat ex is scaled up and reducing the flow(boiler is in a hard water area), but before I order a new heat ex I'd rather have the comments of someone who's more familiar with this boiler than me and also whether this make and model are worth spending money on or whether a replacement would be more economical.

TIA Ste

Sponsored Links
A perfectly OK boiler.

Refurb the diverter valve. You'll find the CH pipes get hot od HW call.

A perfectly OK boiler.

Refurb the diverter valve. You'll find the CH pipes get hot od HW call.

It's not the diverter valve, that's operating correctly and not passing through to the CH, I'm a heating engineer but unfamiliar with sime boilers and wanted to know if this is a known on this particular make and model, I've tested the thirmistor and that's OK as far as I can tell without having the values for that particular thimistor, and I wouldn't have thought the PCB was faulty (although with PCB's who knows).

So unless somebody more familiar with this make and model knows different I'm sure it's the plate heat ex, we usually replace these if they get scaled up, I'm just wondering whether a soak in some Jetflo overnight would do the trick.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you are not familiar with combi boilers at all.

All of what you have said indicated a blocked plate HE.

I normally remove and clean them as more beneficial that fitting a new one.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back