Sime Halstead Trio...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i'm a bigtime amateur and to be honest this is hopefully a really simple set of questions about above boiler...

Just moved into a new place, which has changed hands at landlord level, and it's the first time i've had to use a gas boiler like this - it sits on the kitchen wall, and i've just about worked out how to heat water - but other than that i'm stumped!

First of all, if I describe it, i was wondering if anyone could help me out in how best to use this for economy?

From left to right the console for the boiler is as follows (it looks mid 90's in ergonomics)

Two vertical switches, left hand one above it is a diagram of a clock, below it the same diagram but with a large cross through it. Right hand one, same arrangment, above it a sun, below it a snowflake.

Next are two large dials, left hand one with a radiator above it, the next with a tap above it. The dials have red graphics outside them to indicate (I assume) water temperature - turning dial furthest anti-clockwise is off, clockwise is how on/hot it is.

Next, after a Sime Halstead Trio logo, A circular dial (in a square frame) with the numbers 1-24 on it, with a white triangle on the frame at the top right corner and a blacked out one at the bottom left corner.

Finally, furthest right, is a black readout dial split into an upper and a lower scale (digits I can't remember from memory or make out from my photo) with white pointers on each and an overlaying external red pointer on the lower dial.

Ok, sorry if that was a little basic or long-winded, I do have a photo I can upload it'l mean digging out the Bluetooth thing for the laptop that's all.

So, how do you use this? I've worked out just about how to heat water - by clicking switches to non-clock and snowflake, and making sure the tap dial is partially turned on whilst the radiator dial is completely off.

Ideally i'd want to know the best time of night for it to come on, and how to get the timer dial (i'm assuming that's what the one with 1-24 is) to dictate this?

Very basic advice needed! Never used gas!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
SUggest you contact Halstead for a manual.

..second reply - brilliant, for some reason I hadn't thought of that, within seconds of finding their website I can get hold of a .pdf file of the manual.

Cheers for pointing out the obvious!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back