sime rads on, but not wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sime super 80, the time clock is off and the boiler switch is set on summer, but the heating comes on during the day, but intermittently.
Any suggestions welcome

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If this is a standard diverter valve model as I think it is then water leaked on the diverter switches or onto the PCB might be responsible for an immagined demand for DHW.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: the boiler is in a flat which i rent, so i can't tell exactly when its on or off. But the heating will come on while the tenant is out, and i think it stays on until she returns and runs the hot tap. I think it might be the diverter valve, perhaps the diaphragm is letting by, causing the valve to push up and make the micro switch, which runs the boiler.

Whatever the cause, I think the tenants who are presumably paying good rent deserve a proper boiler engineer to diagnose the fault and fix it promptly.

I do hope this Landlord does not attempt DIY gas safety Certificates!

Tony Glazier

thanks for all suggestions, but im going to get new boiler installed, that should sort the problem out.

The fault is probably due to a faulty divereter valve.
The rads are probably warmingup when hot water is being used.
There is no way to service this valve best to replace it sime part number 6243802.
The only other posibility is a faulty frost stat, but the Super 80 was not fitted with a frost stat, but one could have been fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back