SIME SUPERIOR 100 is a POTTERTON clone ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I knpw my sime superior 100 is a Potterton clone but i dont know which model of Potterton it clones. It keeps reseting itself every day and I have to click the reset switch to get it back on.

Does anyone know what model it clones? I think its a Potterton Profile "something"

Sponsored Links
yes you are right in your suspicions. Sime rebranded the potterton profile.
so obviously you will have a potterton profile 100e. They put a nice white metal bottom casing on it aswell.
Most likely you have a circulation problem(closed bypass, pump, lack of water etc), or possibly the boiler thermostat which combines the pump overun isn't working correctly.

Try turning the boiler knob back a little for a start.

Do you have TRVs on all the radiators and no auto bypass valve?

Tony

I have tried contacting SIME on the only number i have found listed for them 01246 471 950 (given to me by potterton). But its a dead line. Have they gone bust or left the UK (i believe they are italian).

Potterton wont service it or answer questions on it cause they say although they made it its a sime branded product and must be addressed by them.

I donthave thermostats on indivdual radiators just old fashioned radiators.
There is a bypass valve in the airing cupboard i bbelieve.

i read somewhere that the potterton profile can suffer a fault where the PCB boardcan overheat and u must replacethat. But it could be the thermostat.

to be honest it did it when we moved in. We changed the boiler location when we had our kitchen redone (with a corgi guy) and pipework exiting the boiler butit stil l did it.

If it is the circuit boardthese people do a recondition of a potterton profile 100e (sit) and 100e (wr), imnot sure whichone of those i have. (its a boilerthatfeeds a hot water cylinder upstairs.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Potterton-Pro...14&_trkparms=72:1296|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

anyhelp is appreciated.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
it won't be the circuit board for the fault you describe. It will be as we have aready advised, either something to do with circulation, or possibly the overheat stat itself or the boiler thermostat, or maybe when the boiler was wired up it wasn't provided with a permanent and pump live?? After the heating goes off does the pump continue to run for a few minutes.

i believe the pump does run for about 10 mins after (the pump inside the upstairs airing cupboard thatis)

so it appears that the overun part of the thermostat is working correctly. So now we would probably be looking to the bypass to see if its letting the flow of water continue after your motorised valve(s) has closed.

i hope its not the feed from the pump back to the boiler asive justhad the floor retiled int he bathroom :) !

Somone also said something about making sure the flow and return arethe right way round , he said left = return right = flow (flowis hotter. is that correct? as i can checkthat ?

thanks for all the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back