single or double panel rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am planning to have "floating" rads, with flow and return pipes coming out of the wall, coming behind the rad and then connected into the radiator valves. Does this mean that I should only be considering single panel rads instead of double?

Similarly, I can achieve the necessary BTU using single panel radiators. Is there any reason why I should be considering the double panel instead?

Sponsored Links
Go for whatever fits your wall best, but if you're replacing radiators and pipework bigger is better for heating efficiency - oversizing by 40-50% and turning your boiler down will save you quite a bit of money on your heating bills. Thus if double panels can be fitted in place of the same size single panels, they might be your best option

Thanks. Does the fact that it's a bedroom make a difference to what you have said?

Sponsored Links
A single panel gives a little more output per linear metre width.

BUT a single panel of the same heat output gives a better heat distribution than a double.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back