skirting trunking spur.

Provided there was space in the data compartment (i.e. it wasn't crammed completely fully) with a bit of cutting id think you could run mini trunking through the top compartment and into the center compartment thereby maintaining the seperation while also making a fairly neat job.

Sponsored Links
If this is an office environment there is a fair chance the walls are plasterboard in which case just drill a hole in the back of the power compartment and run a flexible conduit upto the spur unit.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Provided there was space in the data compartment (i.e. it wasn't crammed completely fully) with a bit of cutting id think you could run mini trunking through the top compartment and into the center compartment thereby maintaining the seperation while also making a fairly neat job.

And greatly reducing the capacity of the data section, You cure one problem and create another, brilliant.
If it will fit in the compartment, what about putting a short length of mini trunking over the data cables so that the spur cable can safely be run across it?

holmslaw";p="1866305 said:
Perhaps you could draw a picture of that abortion of a job your proposing to the OP Holslaw, and then we can riducule you some more :D :D :D

No apologies for exposing your lack of knowledge and common sense.
Why do you call yourself sparkydude, that implies you're an electrician.

If this is an office environment there is a fair chance the walls are plasterboard in which case just drill a hole in the back of the power compartment and run a flexible conduit upto the spur unit.

So how do you fix the flex conduit to the trunking? Do you wave your harry pottter wand and make a gland appear inside the wall?

Since you are such an expert in the field of electrical installation i will bow to your superiority and experience , NOT,

Yes I am an electrician and i have plenty of common sense and certainly do not suffer from a lack of knowledge i can assure you.

As for how to gland the flexible conduit off into the trunking, the way i would personally do it is to drill a 32mm hole which the gland would fit through , followed by drilling a 20mm hole in a PVC conduit box lid , this would then be affixed to the back of the skirting trunking with self tapping screws and maybe even a dab of silicone to ensure a pefect fit. At the spur end a deep dry lining box would be used which the flexible conduit would be glanded into satisfactorarily .

I do hope this meets with your approval and if not then may one suggest you take a long walk off of a short pier !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back