SMEG Dishwasher burning wires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I don't know if anyone can help me with this problem; last night when the dishwasher was on, the electricity in the house tripped and I noticed a plastic burning smell coming from the dishwasher, so turned it off. This morning took the side panel off the machine and started it up again, keeping a close eye on it. Towards the end of the cycle smoke started coming off the black moulded terminal that connects the brown and the blue wire to the cylindrical heating element on the machine. So again turned it off and pulled out the plug. I removed the black connector and noticed it was the blue wire that was quite badly burnt. My question is, is this a faulty heating element that is drawing too much current, or could it be as simple as a loose connection? I'm thinking the heating element, but not sure. The machine is an integrated SMEG appliance.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back