SMEG DW1614 Dishwasher

cah

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Have smeg DW1614 dishwasher.
It has been ok for one year now starts to create a burning smell, funny clunking noises and will not go below 3mins on any cycle!
I've re-wired it and made sure all filters, arms etc... are clean but to no avail! Has anybody any ideas or had the same problem?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
well not to worry, this problem is now resolved. It turns out that the plastic impellor housing seal (which is built in, so cannot be replaced) which joins to the washer pump/motor had leaked (bad as its only had 6 months running time). Anyway the seal failure caused liquid to run onto the motor coils causing the binding to burn through (even though no fuse has ever blew). Result being that I now have on order one new motor and impellor part (£130.94 on the way to smeg). So anyone after a SMEG dishwasher should think twice as from what I have found out it is a not an uncommon thing to go wrong and a real headache when for the sake of a 20p piece of rubber seal you end up having to remove an integral unit from your kitchen etc....
One other thing and that is smegappliance.co.uk who state on their website that they hold stock of smeg parts for every smeg appliance ever made...do in fact hold no stock and have to order from smeg. ( a 10 day delivery time and great news after being on hold for 20 minutes)!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back