Smoking Ban...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bill has passed its second reading in the Commons. Around half of the Tories and all of Labour and the Lib Dems voted for Rishi's policy. A policy that seems to have been copied from New Zealand - a country that later dropped the idea...

It means smoking and vaping will be banned for those born in 2009 or after, forever.

I find this level of nannying and interference absolutely pathetic, not to mention quite sinister. What will they try to ban next? Booze, hamburgers, steaks, holidays, motorcycling, rock climbing, skate boarding... what other enjoyable things where these control freaks imagine there is danger that people must be protected from? The fact that these arrogant scum feel entitled to rob people of their agency like this is appalling.

How about: leave free men and women to figure things out for themselves and live the way they please? Yes, there are vices in the world for us all to enjoy or shun as we please. It is part of the challenge and beauty of life to go through that process and navigate it all for one self and make decisions.

What is most irritating about this sad policy is that these low-talent, low IQ grifters - who are shyt at everything they involve themselves in - could possibly imagine that this is needed right now when the country seems to be falling to bits, is divided, edging closer and closer to war, covered in pot holes, practically borderless, and weighed down by a mountain of debt.

Well done, Rishi, there's a good little prefect! A crap policy, nobody asked for, to mark your legacy. Fully supported by Labour, who give us a taste for what they will be like in power.

The irony is that I imagine this will just encourage youths to seek out tobacco and vapes the way they manage to get hold of cannabis and it will be a cause for them to stick two fingers up at the establishment. Perhaps even more of them will end up smoking as a result.

And before anybody asks, no I'm not a smoker and wouldn't be affected by this anyway. Also, don't waste my time with the "protecting the NHS" argument. If things must be banned to protect it then let's get shut of the bloody thing instead.

Sponsored Links
Would you say the same if they left the law as it is and anyone of the right age could buy them, but there was a massive tax on them?

Like £30 a pack?

The same with alcohol and sh1t food.

These cost the NHS a bleeding fortune every year, so if you insist on smoking, drinking alcohol and eating bad food, then prepare to contribute towards the cost.

As for nannying, no doubt you don't wear your seatbelt as you think the nannying Govt should leave you to decide if you want to decorate the tarmac with your body parts.

After all, it's your body, your life.....

Would you say the same if they left the law as it is and anyone of the right age could buy them, but there was a massive tax on them?

Like £30 a pack?

These cost the NHS a bleeding fortune every year, so if you insist on smoking, drinking alcohol and eating bad food, then prepare to contribute towards the cost.
Is good / healthy food cheaper?

I quit my Yoga as it's gone up £14 as she has had to go VAT registered.

Any form of a healthy lifestyle shouldn't be taxed.

I gave up smoking at 10

Sponsored Links

Like £30 a pack?

So let's ban and tax all "dangerous" and "unhealthy" things because... NHS.

What a ****ing joke argument. Why should people be dictated to and controlled for the convenience of a state owned company? How come this wasn't necessarily 10 or 20 years ago but is now? Is it because the NHS just keeps getting worse and worse or are there other reasons?

How about a ban on holidays then and a ban on going in the sun? Where will the line be drawn?

I would like to be given an opt out from the NHS and make my own arrangements and others will be demanding the same if this BS carries on.

Also, the taxes paid by smokers already easily cover the cost to the health service. Why should they be taxed even more? Or why should drinkers or people who want to eat a pizza sometimes? Is it to help pay for ludicrous nonsense like sex change operations and to help the NHS cope with hundreds of thousands of new low wage, zero contribution, patients per annum?

More reasons to rob the people who were already here, who were living perfectly happily and paying their fair share. And useful idiots defend it, every time.

No. I don't know why you've fixated on the NHS. Let's introduce rules and laws to help people stay healthy, get more healthy, and prevent deaths.

Isn't that a good thing?

Yes, it saves money if people are more healthy, but it's not about saving the NHS, it's about freeing up funds that can be spent in other areas.

You obviously don't understand this principle of taxing.

You want a pizza, fine. You pay tax on it. A drink? Sure, but you pay tax on it.
But if you want a pizza (or similar) every day, and drinks every day and smokes every day, then you will pay more tax. And so you should.

If you don't want to be dictated to and controlled and want free reign to eat, drink and smoke what you like, and pay for your own treatment, feel free to hop over to the ol' US of A.

We make many other addictive, health-damaging substances illegal, even the ones that are much less harmful.

Most smokers take up their addiction when of school age, and find it very difficult to avoid a lifetime of addiction.

Fags kill more than heroin. Cannabis kills approximately none.

Which should be outlawed?

No. I don't know why you've fixated on the NHS. Let's introduce rules and laws to help people stay healthy, get more healthy, and prevent deaths.

Isn't that a good thing?
Thats what I said above in so many words.
Yes, it saves money if people are more healthy, but it's not about saving the NHS, it's about freeing up funds that can be spent in other areas.

Yes but the money has to be monitored and monitor those spending it.
You obviously don't understand this principle of taxing.

I think your talking to me.
You want a pizza, fine. You pay tax on it. A drink? Sure, but you pay tax on it.
understand and agree with that. i

But if you want a pizza (or similar) every day, and drinks every day and smokes every day, then you will pay more tax. And so you should.
Great tax system
If you don't want to be dictated to and controlled and want free reign to eat, drink and smoke what you like, and pay for your own treatment, feel free to hop over to the ol' US of A.
Are you talking to me or Bert?

Last edited:
We make many other addictive, health-damaging substances illegal, even the ones that are much less harmful.

Most smokers take up their addiction when of school age, and find it very difficult to avoid a lifetime of addiction.

Fags kill more than heroin. Cannabis kills approximately none.

Which should be outlawed?

I think you may need to read up on the effects of smoking cannabis. It is perfectly capable of giving you lung cancer.

Sponsored Links
Back