Smoking Ban...

Sponsored Links
What is going on with the Conservative party

Here is a commons debate where Conservative MPs are demanding answers on consultation of the cigarette ban and vaping from the shadow health Secretary….

Do the Tories think they are in opposition already

Extraordinary

It's about choice.

If they don't want people to smoke why not just ban tobacco and put it in the same category as Cannabisss?

Sponsored Links
I remember the debate on compulsory helmets for motorcyclists, and an exemption for those wearing religious head gear. The main argument against (apart from the same laws should apply to everyone) was the greater cost to the nhs of treating head injuries. I thought it was a false argument because hospitals were full of people who drank and smoked unhealthily, or even drove recklessly. So yes definitely a freedom of choice issue.

It's about choice.

Initially.
After that, smokers (addicts) often have very little choice.

Neither do the children of smokers.
So, unless the gov. goes down the route of extending what people can and cannot do in their own homes, the children of (perfectly legal) smokers will have no choice in being exposed to the influence and harmful effects of smoking.

I heard on R5L yesterday - wasn't listening closely - that 3/4 of people who are currently smokers stated that they wished they'd never started smoking in the first place.

"Choice", eh?

Ban alchohol drinks ?? :giggle:

apart from health issues (?)

It causes violence

Sponsored Links
Back