So the chancellor wants to save £25bn-start here

"are you advocating that anyone in a job that doesnt pay enough to save up a deposit then buy a house is a failure ??"

Of course they are failures.
People have enough struggles with out having to pay for the housing for those who don't want to earn it.
Far too many people around who thinks the world owes them a living.
Mostly labour voters!

People in Africa live in what ever housing they can afford. They don't go cap in hand to the government as they don't provide for spongers.

What about guys (in the main) that have had their hard fought for houses taken away from them by the government, with no possible chance at a later age of getting another one.... you are sir a massive knobhead!!! I don't scrounge I don't take benefits, but their is absolutely no way I can ever afford to buy a house again, as my last one was gifted to my ex wife.

Sponsored Links
I’m from working class stock and old enough to remember Council Estates which were decent with honest, hard-working folk living there. We took pride in our homes and neighbourhood; it’s the attitude which has sadly changed for the worse since the 60s/70s; not ownership of a house.

And why have those attitudes changed (ignoring the rose tinted picture you paint).

Lot's of poor people bunged into cheap social housing, which they get for life, which is looked after for them.

And somehow you are in disagreement with me that this wouldnt lead to exactly what you allude to, poor attitudes.

What is it you disagree with exactly?
That it doesn’t necessarily follow that one doesn’t look after something which they don’t own yet are responsible for. Proof?

Okay, for just one example, look at The Continent and especially Germany where home ownership is very much in a minority. Renting is the norm over there, not just for the working class but even the wealthy. Yet have you seen their homes? :eek:

I personally have, as well as having a friend who emigrated there many years ago, and it’s something to behold I can tell you. Not so much as a blade of grass do they own, yet their lawns are always pristine! I could go on but you’ll just have to trust that I know this as an immutable fact.

So what is the difference between them and us; between their rented homes and ours and their attitude verses ours? If you’re blaming it on low or working class home ownership I respectfully think you are wrong and that the real reason goes much deeper in our society... (And probably a separate far deeper topic on its own).

Big tone.

I blame it on many reasons, council housing is one of them, and is somewhat intertwined with others, but as you say it is another debate.

"are you advocating that anyone in a job that doesnt pay enough to save up a deposit then buy a house is a failure ??"

People have enough struggles with out having to pay for the housing for those who don't want to earn it.
Mostly labour voters!

People in Africa live in what ever housing they can afford. They don't go cap in hand to the government as they don't provide for spongers.

What about guys (in the main) that have had their hard fought for houses taken away from them by the government, with no possible chance at a later age of getting another one.... you are sir a massive knobhead!!! I don't scrounge I don't take benefits, but their is absolutely no way I can ever afford to buy a house again, as my last one was gifted to my ex wife.

I've yet to see the government removing homes from anyone. Apart from those who don't pay for them.

Since your wealthy and can give your home to your ex wife as a gift then I don't see why you're complaining.

Sponsored Links

Mostly labour voters!

I've yet to see the government removing homes from anyone. Apart from those who don't pay for them.

Since your wealthy and can give your home to your ex wife as a gift then I don't see why you're complaining.

I didn't.it was ordered by a court that I give her the house, despite having put the deposit down and having paid the mortgage, the courts left me with absolutely nothing. Clearly you know nothing about divorce.

Ooh I see... so you went to the lawmen and filled their pockets with dosh.
Two turkeys as they say... you pluck one and I'll pluck the other.

My sister left her husband a few years ago after 19 years of marriage.
They stayed clear of the lawmen and he kept the house and the children.

All you had to do was make a will and donate the property to charity (like your Church if you have one) after your day. Then she couldn't touch it.

No Norcon it most definitely doesn't work that way!! And no I refused to line lawyers pockets as I knew full well I was gonna get hung out to dry by the courts.

Just does seem very unfair, but hey ho, I can't do anything about it, apart of listening to bleatings of "I haven't got any money" well you got all my assets dear, what do you expect me to do about it!!

Well I happen to know someone married to a millionaire woman and when she pops her clogs everything goes to her church.
She has about 1 million in cash stowed away and owns several properties which are rented out.
She is estranged from her own children and her previous husband!
Her first husband is dead.

Her partner (in his mid eighties now) can stay in the house if he wants but he will never own it. Wouldn't look too good the church evicting him eh?

It makes him homeless in effect as he cannot afford to live in a mansion with a £2k council tax bill as he is only a pensioner and struggles on a low income.
The property they live is worth about £400k.

You're probably right though. For a man its works one way and for a woman a completely separate way such is the law.

Leaving a property in a will, only works when the testator dies Norcon. If a couple divorce and there are children involved, it's odds on that the courts will grant custody to the mother and order the house to be given to her as well. The marital home then becomes her property (to do with as she pleases. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back