So what's labour about these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Question who does a labour MP owe his allegiance to ?

Momentum says that it must be to paid-up local party members, rather than the electorate at large

In other words Monmentum are actively getting rid of those moderate non Corbyn supporters in the party.

Corbyn booted out Sarah Champion as soon as he had his chance, despite the fact she was brave and spoke up about a serious issue in Rotherham.

I wonder what sort of party actively gets rid anybody critical of its leader? :ROFLMAO:

remind me, what proportion of the UK electorate voted Theresa into her current position, as temporary PM?

Sponsored Links
remind me!
How much did Austin Mitchell fiddle on his expenses as an MP?
How was he described when he responded to another MP with, "A good wife doesn’t disagree with her master in public and a good little girl doesn’t lie about why she quit politics."?
How did Austin Mitchell fail to engage with local residents in the TV documentary, Tower Block of Commons?
Which side of the Labour party did he describe himself as belonging to?
When did he stop being an MP?
Why does he still owe allegiance to any political party?

remind me, what proportion of the UK electorate voted Theresa into her current position, as temporary PM?

JohnD, a deluded Labour voter that still thinks labour won.

Remind me how many seats Labour were short by for a majority? (y)

Thread divert in full effect, so it must be true then.
Of course it is true, Austin Mitchell was/is about as far right in the Labour party as it is possible to be without crossing the floor. He admits it himself, "Gaitskillite and adamant Eurosceptic".
He only presented his opinion when the Labour party are increasingly becoming pro-EU.
Prior to that he was content to go with the flow.

He is no longer an MP, therefore he is free to argue against the current leadership, and its policies without risk of any penalty.

Which side of the Labour party did he describe himself as belonging to?

I thought he was quite left, so Im not sure what point you are making......he was critical of Blairs centrist politics.

Austin Mitchell was a keen campaigner for minimum wages.

I thought he was quite left, so Im not sure what point you are making......he was critical of Blairs centrist politics.

Austin Mitchell was a keen campaigner for minimum wages.
He was as far right as it is possible to be and still be a Labour MP.
He was a critic of Blair (along with other notable PMs) after being a MP, not before.
Minimum wages would be needed to pay NHS charges which Mitchell's hero Gaitskill introduced, (Dental and spectacles)

1 line on that article!

The party and I never agreed on much.....

Why did he call himself labour then ? Just to remain as an MP maybe? Who sold himself out ?

If you believe in what you are/say, then you win or lose on principals, not titles.

Didn't a prominent MP in relatively recent history change party, just to win support of the elecorate?

He is no longer an MP, therefore he is free to argue against the current leadership, and its policies without risk of any penalty.

you mean get bullied by momentum and deselected.

What point are you making, that labour isnt allowed to have moderates in its party?
Are you saying Mitchells criticism isnt valid because he comes from a different part of the Labour party
Or are you saying the points he makes about Labour arent true?

It always puzzles me that people who are NOT Labour supporters, want Labour to be what THEY think it should be, with the consequence, presumably, that it would make them more likely to be elected. Like Blair and New Labour.

As one who does not support the Tories, I would like THEM to be in as much of a state of disarray as possible - nearly there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back