So what's labour about these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
What point are you making, that labour isnt allowed to have moderates in its party?
Moderates, or so far right wing he was practically a left wing Tory.

Are you saying Mitchells criticism isnt valid because he comes from a different part of the Labour party
I am saying that while he was a MP he was a quiet back bencher, with little accomplishments to his name. Now he is a vociferous, eccentric political commentator. I suppose one has to have those qualities if one wants to be noticed.
His successor ( a woman which probably irked him) is pro-EU, is a critic of JC but is also a front bench MP.

eccentric political commentator

Really?

They have been well documented, hardly eccentric.

Look at what’s happening to Rotherham MP Sarah Champion. She’s had death threats and reportedly been warned she could face deselection for drawing attention to British Pakistani gangs grooming girls.

Look at Dame Margaret Hodge and Ian Austin, who criticised Jeremy Corbyn’s and the party’s stance on anti-Semitism only to be subject to demands for expulsion and official investigations.

Then there are the Blairites, criticised, targeted and hounded out for still being Blairites. Wherever you turn, intolerance has taken hold.

A case of an ad hom attack on Mitchell to deflect from the points made in the article

It always puzzles me that people who are NOT Labour supporters, want Labour to be what THEY think it should be, with the consequence, presumably, that it would make them more likely to be elected. Like Blair and New Labour.

As one who does not support the Tories, I would like THEM to be in as much of a state of disarray as possible - nearly there.
Living in Labour heartland as I do...they would vote for a Labour chimpanzee around here...Nearly there with Jezza....Any Tory combo could not be any where near as bad as Corbyn Abbott running the country.

Sponsored Links
Really?
They have been well documented, hardly eccentric.
o_O What the **** are you talking about now.
Your response appears to be gobbledygook in relation to my comment. Have you commented on the post that you think or hoped I made, rather than the actual post that I made?

What have been well documented?

o_O What the **** are you talking about now.
Your response appears to be gobbledygook in relation to my comment. Have you commented on the post that you think or hoped I made, rather than the actual post that I made?

What have been well documented?

Oh dear, its all too hard for Wannabe to understand.

Let me help you.

You say Austen Mitchell is an eccentric political commentator.

I took a quote from his article and pointed out his comments have been well documented, in other papers by other people.

So hardly an eccentric viewpoint, more like a mainstream view of Labour attitudes

If you have trouble understanding, do let me know, I will be happy to simplify it further :ROFLMAO:

You can lead iwalklikeamonkemartionturkeywannabe to a logical conclusion but you can't make him understand it !

You say Austen Mitchell is an eccentric political commentator.
I took a quote from his article and pointed out his comments have been well documented, in other papers by other people.
So hardly an eccentric viewpoint, more like a mainstream view of Labour attitudes
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I could take a quote form one of eeyoure's more ridiculous comments and claim what you said was well documented and not ludicrous.
It would still be a few words extracted form one of eeyoure's more ridiculous comments.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I could take a quote form one of eeyoure's more ridiculous comments and claim what you said was well documented and not ludicrous.
It would still be a few words extracted form one of eeyoure's more ridiculous comments.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Your total lack of an answer proves one simple fact: you dont have one. :p

so which part is not well documented by media and by other people.......

Your total lack of an answer proves one simple fact: you dont have one. :p

so which part is not well documented by media and by other people.......
You are meandering off on your virtual reality journey, as usual.
If I said, "people have been to the moon They discovered it really was made of cheese."

Part of my comment is factual, the rest is lunacy.

But you have done exactly that, taken a part, a tiny part of Mitchell's article, and with it, presented your so-called evidence to refute my claim.
You choose to ignore the rest of the ludicrous comments.

The party and I have never agreed on much,
from gasbag's reference.
One has to ask, "why did he remain a Labour MP?"
Obvious, is it not?
He was in a labour stronghold and an MP of any other party would not have been re-elected.
He placed his personal ambition and desire to remain an MP over and above his political beliefs, and now he is attacking that party, and its political agenda, with which he disagreed with all the time he was an MP.
Perhaps eccentric was too fine a description for him. Turncoat, exploiter, etc may be more appropriate descriptions.

Last edited:
from gasbag's reference.
One has to ask, "why did he remain a Labour MP?"
Obvious, is it not?
He was in a labour stronghold and an MP of any other party would not have been re-elected.

I am amazed how obvious it is, and people still struggle to understand.

Or are unable to understand.

If that cap fits a few on here, then carry on wearing it.

It is too long. There is a letter limit on usernames. It is very close to what I tried the first time.

Very good ! very good ! you've clearly admitted trying to use a v silly long user name !! ....you silly silly boy .....Any normal person wouldn't discover there's a limit to the number of letters allowed !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back