solderless copper bonding

lor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, has anyone tried the "glue "?
liked the idea of flame free jointing
not hot work permit required or 1/2 wait to cool down
just purchsed a bottle at £22 to be told by company they dont allow it until they here positive feedback.
any experiences ?

Sponsored Links
I bought some and I tried it out.

1. It was impossible to judge how long to leave the glue to set. Compare and contrast this sense of utter mystery with any other type of joint.

2. You need to support the pipework exactly aligned or else it looks like amateurish crap after it's set. Useless.

3. One of the joints I made actually leaked, even though I cleaned/prepared a set of joints in exactly the same way.

4. It gave me zero confidence that I could walk away from a joint and not be called in the middle of the night to an irate and drenched customer. This is how builders must feel after they've done some plumbing.

5. The last time I felt so stupid to have bought something so cr*p was when I bought "X-ray specs" as a young lad and really believed I'd be able to see naked women.

As I said - complete sh*te. I could do an advert proving how sh*te it is. I could write a new British Standard for sh*teness, based entirely on the attributes of this product. I could be an expert witness at a Crown Court trial where the sole item of evidence for the prosecution of Myra Hindley rested on demonstrating its unswerving ineffectiveness.

Sponsored Links
5. The last time I felt so stupid to have bought something so cr*p was when I bought "X-ray specs" as a young lad and really believed I'd be able to see naked women.

So are you still waiting to see a naked woman :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Softus wrote.

5. The last time I felt so stupid to have bought something so sh*te was when I bought "X-ray specs" as a young lad and really believed I'd be able to see naked women.

Bet they never cost £22 though! :LOL:

Terrywookfit said:
Bet they never cost £22 though! :LOL:
As a proportion of my pocket money at the time, they cost me far more than that. :eek:

Back in the 60s you didn't need xray glasses, i mean what with mini skirts getting shorter by the day most was on show anyway :cool: :cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back