Baxi Bermuda C3W - Automatic central heating issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and wondering if someone with more experience than myself could possibly shed some light on an issue i am having with my parents boiler.

Its a Baxi Bermuda C3W.

ON x mas day the central heating and hot water stopped working after a while of searching for the boiler controls (I am inexperienced!) I reset the boiler and fired it up again.

The water heated up and the central heating also, but the CH only for a short while then the rads cooled down. HOt water stayed hot.

The pilot kept burning but the boiler was not really doing much. If water was run shortly after the boiler would fire up into larger flames.

Upstairs in the airing cupboard there are 2 danfoss port valves. They were both in automatic position, when I put these on manual position the boiler would fire and shortly thereafter the rads would heat up.

Does anyone have any idea why this would not work on automatic mode or what could possibly be wrong? And is there an issue for my folks running it on manual until the house is warm?

Any help welcome!

Thanks all,

Martin

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the CH valve, either the body seized or the motor packed up.
remove the actuator from body and turn the CH on, does the valve move and turn the boiler on?

I would suspect the CH valve, either the body seized or the motor packed up.
remove the actuator from body and turn the CH on, does the valve move and turn the boiler on?

excuse mt lack of knowledge, is the actuator or central heating switch the danfoss randall motorized valve?

Why are there 2 of these on the system?

Thanks for the quick response :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back