Solid wood flooring on concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought some solid oak flooring (19mm thick and 90mm wide) which I want to put down on concrete flooring (circa 1950s). The concrete floor previously had vinyl tiles which I have removed leaving a black bituminous covering throughout, apart from the where the edges of the tiles were. I was going to glue it down with GUTOID PARKETT S11, which my flooring shop supplied. Do I need to prepare the concrete floor in any way for this gluing down? Do I need to paint with any damproofing for example. Any other advice or instructions for installation would be most welcome,

Thanks in advance for your help,

Julie

Sponsored Links
Modern adhesives will react to any bitumen residue (like increasing the drying time of the adhesive up to 2 days !)
If possible, seal the bitumen of.

I've 'googled' on the adhesive you mentioned and found alot of foreign sites (none in the UK), one in USA .

The bitumen should really be removed and a liquid dpm applied to the floor which in itself needs to be level. Check that the adhesive is compatable with any dpm you use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back