Someone building on land behind my house?

Well - I do think that houses are overpriced, and that our economy lurches from one unsustainable hose price bubble through crash to the next.

But if you would try to read my posts again you'd see that they were responding to what you were saying about huge quantities of houses available that every full time worker could afford on minimum wages, and how they can easily save for a deposit.

EVERY full-time worker on minimum wages includes ALL those working in low paid jobs in Central London where they have to live close enough to be at work at 06:00, or to get home when finishing at midnight etc.

This world is just as real:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/london/

Sponsored Links
BTW - you should stop being a landlord - you clearly think that people who rent are somehow lesser than those who buy, and that calling someone a renter is derogatory.

You don't expect them to loose face with their friends and neighbors, who think that that nice 4 bedroom house they live in is actually owned, not rented
You sound like a renter.

Wooo - get your handbags.

I don't consider renters lesser than those who buy at all. It's you that must think the opposite about property owners as I've obviously touched a nerve.

There's nothing wrong with renting. Keep it up, please do.

EVERY full time worker isn't shackled to the location they work in. If you can't afford to live in London then you can't afford to live in London. Simple.

Funny how I can't afford NYC and I happen not to work there either - Hmmmm, interesting......

I don't consider renters lesser than those who buy at all.
Yes you do, or you would never dream of saying that being found to be renting their house would cause people to lose face.

There's nothing wrong with renting.
You don't expect them to loose face with their friends and neighbors, who think that that nice 4 bedroom house they live in is actually owned, not rented

EVERY full time worker isn't shackled to the location they work in. If you can't afford to live in London then you can't afford to live in London. Simple.
I think maybe you are.

What happens to London, or any large city, if low-paid workers cannot live in or near it? Fancy hospitals with no nurses or cleaners? No refuse disposal?

Sponsored Links
I have problem with renters who rent, max out their credit cards for their lifestyle AND THEN moan about the prices of houses, like we should all take a huge hit so they can afford to buy the massive house they're renting AND keep their lifestyle.

Other renters that are responsible and don't moan about how it's someone else's fault are fine by me.

Low paid workers in city centres should commute. The LA should subsidise the transport NOT give them huge properties in expensive markets. They don't have a right for that, otherwise let's all get low risk jobs with low pay but huge houses in London. I'm up for that. I'd get a desirable postcode and I won't have risk anything or have to make any decisions. I could then probably afford a car on HP and maybe take my kids abroad.

wouldn't life be sweet.....

So which are you then? The renter that just can't stop spending every penny that you earn on showing the world how successful you are, or the renter that's cut every luxury out of his lifestyle to save for a deposit on a house and then realises that he has to come down the property ladder a few rungs?

Low paid workers in city centres should commute.
And how long, in time and distance, should they be expected to commute to and from the house which they can afford to buy, or rent, on their low wages?

The LA should subsidise the transport NOT give them huge properties in expensive markets. They don't have a right for that, otherwise let's all get low risk jobs with low pay but huge houses in London. I'm up for that. I'd get a desirable postcode and I won't have risk anything or have to make any decisions. I could then probably afford a car on HP and maybe take my kids abroad.
You're beginning to sound like a Daily Mail reader.

So which are you then? The renter that just can't stop spending every penny that you earn on showing the world how successful you are, or the renter that's cut every luxury out of his lifestyle to save for a deposit on a house and then realises that he has to come down the property ladder a few rungs?
Why are you so keen to establish a category to put me in?

Listen, you're entitled to your opinions, me to mine.

You haven't convinced me otherwise, thanks for trying though, I do like to hear different perspectives and I do see and understand yours - I just don't subscribe to it.

I think we're well off topic for the OP (sorry for that) so I'm happy for you to take the last word if you need it - this the last I'll say on this particular topic.

I just don't subscribe to it.
So you do not subscribe to the idea that there aren't actually huge quantities of houses which people on the minimum wage can afford to buy.

You do not subscribe to the idea that hospitals in the centres of London or other major cities should have nurses or cleaners, or that if they do those people should be quite happy to add 6 hours to each already badly paid working day so that they can get to and from their home.

You do not subscribe to the idea that cleaners and security guards who work overnight in offices should actually be able to get to and from their home at all.

What a lovely man you are.

Was more curios as to how much attention they pay to objections.

depends entirely on the point raised as objection and whether it has any merit as a material planning consideration. not liking the applicant, loss of a nice view or detriment to your house value would be examples of irrelevant objections

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back