Son needs help to decide what job/career he wants to do

In my opinion footballers are overpaid. Bosses of banks, MP's are overpaid. Film starts, musicians, they're all overpaid.
People who are underpaid, dustbin men, teachers, nurses/midwives/ambulance men/women, carers, police, firemen to name a few.

To me the people who deserve a decent pay rise are people who do grim jobs for the better of others, put their lives at risk, or help others. Without those people willing to do those jobs we'd be stuffed. Some silly footballer or actor who has no grasp on reality let alone be in a decent, meaningful career and being paid 100k a week or millions for a movie is just madness.

Sponsored Links
Can you suggest any tests/quizzes which he can do online and which can help him to separate his likes/dislikes in order for him to achieve a more manageable list of jobs/careers from which he can choose

Have a look online for the Morrisby tests Geek. they're the nearest thing to assessing someones strengths and weaknesses, and then suggesting options for them to think about. As the saying goes, if you love what you're doing, then you'll never work a day in your life.

Burnerman says he was on £58k. No teacher is worth that. Its just an obscene amount.
And is probably on a goldplated £30k per year pension.
Its no wonder we are bust.

And the remoaners are complaining about brexit. LoL
It sounds more and more like brexit is the very medicine we need.

Last edited:
Burnerman says he was on £58k. No teacher is worth that. Its just an obscene amount.
And is probably on a goldplated £30k per year pension.
Its no wonder we are bust.

And the remoaners are complaining about brexit. LoL
It sounds more and more like brexit is the very medicine we need.
How much do YOU think they should be paid Rog?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Roger - sincerely and respectfully.
I was responsible for 18 full time teaching staff, 2 part time and 2 technical support staff (unsung heroes they were too.)
If any child failed to meet their expectations it was my arse that was well and truly kicked - believe me, there was a full enquiry.
If any of my staff were absent, it was my job to ensure that a lesson was provided.....after all, the kids would still show up. If any of the staff were on long term leave - for any reason - it was my job to find a replacement - which wasn't as easy as it sounds if the job queue was empty.
Some of the kids in my care had witnessed family killings, some had witnessed massive other turmoil which I won't go into here - but they still came to school and deserved the best treatment that I could provide.
Fancy a crack at that?
John :)

From my earlier link.....

Last night a Government source said the OECD report showed the teaching unions were making unrealistic demands.

He said: ‘The teaching unions should stop damaging children’s education by calling strikes.
‘Instead they should be demanding teachers spend more time teaching and focusing on the key academic subjects.

‘We can either start working as hard as the Chinese, or we’ll all soon be working for the Chinese.’

Rog is right about my pension though - I'm eternally grateful to all taxpayers (y)
We don't always get it right though......one individual (15) had witnessed the aftermath of his mam killed with a machete :eek: he returned to school within a week or so.
A deputy head gave him a *******ing for not having a pen :eek: can you believe it?
Schools can be the only place where some kids are treated like human beings, that's a side the public don't see.

From my earlier link.....

Last night a Government source said the OECD report showed the teaching unions were making unrealistic demands.

He said: ‘The teaching unions should stop damaging children’s education by calling strikes.
‘Instead they should be demanding teachers spend more time teaching and focusing on the key academic subjects.

‘We can either start working as hard as the Chinese, or we’ll all soon be working for the Chinese.’

One teacher friend I knew spent all day teaching. Some days she had no time for even a drink of water, let alone lunch. And then she went home to lesson plan and mark the work. So be interested what the snippet of yours Roger is about, the government wanting teachers to spend more time teaching. What are the unions unrealistic demands all about? Is this the government interference at play again? Bit like Jeremy Hunt & junior docs is it?

Rog is right about my pension though - I'm eternally grateful to all taxpayers (y)
We don't always get it right though......one individual (15) had witnessed the aftermath of his mam killed with a machete :eek: he returned to school within a week or so.
A deputy head gave him a *******ing for not having a pen :eek: can you believe it?
Schools can be the only place where some kids are treated like human beings, that's a side the public don't see.
You deffo see all walks of life huh? Scary stuff and poor kid of yours. Heard similar stories from my mate who teaches in Manchester involving guns etc. She also mentioned that a lot of the troubled kids parents are very abusive towards teachers when teachers try to help the kids out. Thankless task really at times I should imagine.

You deffo see all walks of life huh? Scary stuff and poor kid of yours. Heard similar stories from my mate who teaches in Manchester involving guns etc. She also mentioned that a lot of the troubled kids parents are very abusive towards teachers when teachers try to help the kids out. Thankless task really at times I should imagine.
In typical Newcastle, things weren't that bad (kids went down the mines or went into the shipyards at 14, and came back out at 65) - but I was involved in firearms twice. Nothing personal - a hole was chopped in my classroom door and a 12 bore discharged which knocked hell out of my desk, but that was in the middle of the night. :sick:
The other time, a window was shot out when I was taking a class around lunch time. We kept the blinds down for that very reason and the glass simply fell behind so no harm done....that window faced the local council estate which was a no go zone anyway.
I was never assaulted by a pupil, but a drunken mother did swipe me one with a handbag once in the corridor. Gawd knows what was in it but I sure saw stars!
All in a days work!

Still doesn't justify £58k nor a £30k per year pension pot.

Sponsored Links
Back