South African says, it's Apartheid

sounds like it may be a little more than an allegation.
Sounds is the correct word. Always a bit of a problem. Even the UN are reluctant to give more details and the USA appears to want more info. The UN wants an independent investigation to be completed.

C4 had a UK bloke on who is part of this particular group. Not much more info really. Lack of prima facie evidence mentioned and now a need to cut their aid budget. He pointed out that cutting aid donations now is a direct contravention of one the Hague courts ruling. They also do work in other countries in this region.

Like many things in the news - confusing and may be clearer later.

Sponsored Links
Only allegations at this time

Although the UN seemed quick off the mark to sack them ??? Thought they would have waited until they had absolute proof ??

Perhaps they have ?? Damage limitation may be ??

Although the UN seemed quick off the mark to sack them ??? Thought they would have waited until they had absolute proof ??

If they were involved in the raids, only getting sacked would be like a golden handshake.

Sounds is the correct word. Always a bit of a problem. Even the UN are reluctant to give more details and the USA appears to want more info. The UN wants an independent investigation to be completed.

C4 had a UK bloke on who is part of this particular group. Not much more info really. Lack of prima facie evidence mentioned and now a need to cut their aid budget. He pointed out that cutting aid donations now is a direct contravention of one the Hague courts ruling. They also do work in other countries in this region.

Like many things in the news - confusing and may be clearer later.

Additionally a number of UNRWA workers have been exposed posting on Facebook praising the Hamas attacks and saying what a 'glorious day' Oct 7th was. That's not an allegation, they're names are online as is the proof.

I guess it's difficult in that with 30,000 employees operating in Gaza, West Bank, Jordan and maybe more locations, these employees will mainly be locals and rightly or wrongly, will have certain views towards Israelis, just as Israelis have certain views towards Arabs. Working for an International charity isn't going to alter those views.

On the other hand, should we be paying for this?

Sponsored Links
You missed out the part about 12 UN workers being directly involved in the October 7th attacks on Israel,
apart from that, post of the day, thank you.
I wasn't quite sure what UNRWA was last night, it couldn't possibly be related to the UN, just a coincidence of the first two letters.

But hey..... LOL x 10

you really couldn't make this sh1t up

May be the UN are also bombing the Ukraine, they seem to love hanging around massacres, just never thought they could be doing the massacre. Bit like the fireman setting fire to stuff to justify his own existence.

Additionally a number of UNRWA workers have been exposed posting on Facebook praising the Hamas attacks and saying what a 'glorious day' Oct 7th was. That's not an allegation, they're names are online as is the proof.

I guess it's difficult in that with 30,000 employees operating in Gaza, West Bank, Jordan and maybe more locations, these employees will mainly be locals and rightly or wrongly, will have certain views towards Israelis, just as Israelis have certain views towards Arabs. Working for an International charity isn't going to alter those views.

On the other hand, should we be paying for this?
I'm sure you can back that up with a link, right?

The timing of the allegation is suspect, coming a day after the ICJ warn Israel about its conduct in Gaza and considering the number of tunnels in the enclave it'd be surprising if there were none to be found in a UN run building.
Nothing is proven.

Additionally a number of...

...Israeli politicians and soldiers have proudly and loudly praised the slaughter of a palestinians, especially children and civillians, and called for their extermination and the destruction of their history and culture. Which is what Israel has been doing and continues to do.

But you know that.

Nothing Israelis like more than racist extermination.

I wasn't quite sure what UNRWA was last night, it couldn't possibly be related to the UN, just a coincidence of the first two letters.
They are a UN organisation hence the UN head sacking 12 of the people in it. That response it seems doesn't depend on proof and it isn't really clear on what they actually did. 12 is also a small proportion of the people involved.

BBC just reported 9 identified, 1 dead and 2 more to "find". One released hostage stating that they had been held in an UNRWA member's house. I saw mention of NRWA vehicles some where or the other but not what they were used for. Also providing aid. - what ever that means.

UK statement on freezing donations ;) I highlighted one of them
An FCDO spokesperson said:

The UK is appalled by allegations that UNRWA staff were involved in the 7 October attack against Israel, a heinous act of terrorism that the UK Government has repeatedly condemned.

The UK is temporarily pausing any future funding of UNRWA whilst we review these concerning allegations.

We remain committed to getting humanitarian aid to the people in Gaza who desperately need it.

No one seems to want to list the allegations in detail.

They are a UN organisation hence the UN head sacking 12 of the people in it. That response it seems doesn't depend on proof and it isn't really clear on what they actually did. 12 is also a small proportion of the people involved.

BBC just reported 9 identified, 1 dead and 2 more to "find". One released hostage stating that they had been held in an UNRWA member's house. I saw mention of NRWA vehicles some where or the other but not what they were used for. Also providing aid. - what ever that means.

UK statement on freezing donations ;) I highlighted one of them
An FCDO spokesperson said:

No one seems to want to list the allegations in detail.

Another one cuts funding.

Looks like whatever happens, when 'the day after' comes and they start to rebuild, the UNRWA will have no part in it. Talk is the larger western donors will set up their own group. Lots of accusations flying about concerning the UNRWA perpetuating the unrest and radicalising the young.

Really useful link
UNRWA said on Friday it had fired several employees over the unspecified accusations about the involvement of some of its staff in the devastating attack.
UNRWA perpetuating the unrest and radicalising the young.
Old Israel myth.

Sponsored Links
Back