Soviet Invasion

Nah, closer to home - Chump.

corbyn-wave_3440834b.jpg

Sponsored Links
This is more of a political view than a moral one. From an economic view, such a model taken to conclusion, would stifle wealth creation and innovation. e.g. why should I bother, I'll only have to give it away vs why should I bother, I'll get a hand out.
Should London and the South-east (or England) declare independence, then?

Should London and the South-east (or England) declare independence, then?
Maybe we should...

Although studies show that the areas with highest immigration tended to vote remain, and areas with lowest immigration tended to vote leave...

Should we therefore not demand that the 'North' should declare independance, and let the rest of us laugh at them when their (purity) ship fails to set sail ?

Sponsored Links
This is more of a political view than a moral one. From an economic view, such a model taken to conclusion, would stifle wealth creation and innovation. e.g. why should I bother, I'll only have to give it away vs why should I bother, I'll get a hand out.

Let me think

"Is it better for my country, with its strong manufacturing and services base, to be surrounded with other countries which are able to buy what we produce, and also to sell us safe and non-harmful things they are better at, while reducing pollution of the air we all breathe and the water we all drink? Or to be surrounded by weak, poor, underdeveloped countries that can't afford to buy from us, and may spread disease, crime and political instability?"

Tough one, eh?

Let me think

"Is it better for my country, with its strong manufacturing and services base, to be surrounded with other countries which are able to buy what we produce, and also to sell us safe and non-harmful things they are better at, while reducing pollution of the air we all breathe and the water we all drink? Or to be surrounded by weak, poor, underdeveloped countries that can't afford to buy from us, and may spread disease, crime and political instability?"

Tough one, eh?

I'll try that approach with Elon Musk - Hey buddy, I'd like to buy one of your cars, but can't find a spare £80k, No problem mate, I'll give you the £80k so you can. Great, can I have free wifi and electric too? Sure.. Can I have one for my mate John too? He's going to give his to a German friend who only has a Mercedes.

clearly everyone is a winner.

What model are we talking about?

silly boy.

A development loan, or grant, is not the same as a free car.

Seemingly the concept is unfamiliar to you. I wonder if it's ignorance or deceit you are displaying.

Be grateful we didn't implement neo liberal policies for the post war rebuilding of the EU and instead had the Marshall Plan.

silly boy.

A development loan, or grant, is not the same as a free car.

Seemingly the concept is unfamiliar to you. I wonder if it's ignorance or deceit you are displaying.

ahh so Elon is just lending me the money to buy his expensive car - seems so much morally and economically better now.

I refer you to the original point being argued:

But as a country gets richer then it should contribute more to help out the poorer countries, because not only is it morally right it makes economic sense.

I'm arguing this is not a point universally held. i.e. its a political opinion, not a fact

teslas or politics?

lol. Economics - I was unsure which model you were referring to

"From an economic view, such a model taken to conclusion"

As to Teslas - I need to look into any tax incentive to buy it.

Be grateful we didn't implement neo liberal policies for the post war rebuilding of the EU and instead had the Marshall Plan.

Free movement, especially from Eastern Europe to West is part of a Neoliberal policy. It also helps to maintain a reasonable ratio between younger workers and older retired people, so young Eastern Europeans pay tax which helps fund the ever increasing pension burden, Like a pyramid scheme.

Sponsored Links
Back