Spa tripping in garage

Seeing as the spa trips both RCD's, I would get it PAT tested to ensure it is electrically sound before proceeding along any other lines of enquiry.

Sponsored Links
If it means safety then ill spend it - what is the benefit from RCBOs.

They are a combined RCD/MCB, so if there is an earth fault, only that circuit goes down, whereas with other arrangements whole or part boards go down along with the affected circuit.

Just back from pub - Different in Ireland - I lived in london for ten years and going out started at 8 here it starts at 10.30 - we went out at 8, hence the early coming back.
Anyho - What is the PAT testing is that like the appliance test I have at work every year

Sponsored Links
An RCBO is a single device which incorporates both an MCB (to protect against overcurrent) and an RCD (to protect that circuit only against earth leakage faults.

Because each will protect a single circuit, a fault on any one circuit will not cut power on any other circuit. A cheaper approach is to have one RCD protecting several circuits in a split-load configuration, which does not have this advantage - it is equally safe, but less convenient.

Most major makers do them - I am particularly fond of MEM, who also make CUs up to (from memory) 28 ways, and I see you have quite a lot of circuits.

edited: bah, beaten by an RCBO fetishist!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back