Spanish nationals from the Gambia

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are average earnings in UK today? And what were they 1 year ago?

Doubt anyone knows what they are today to be honest. They usually quote figures from the last tax period. Bet they were lower than if they was no foreign labour though (y)

Sponsored Links
The cheap foreign labour driving down wages malarkey was started by Blair donkeys years ago.
So asking what wages were a year ago compared to today is pretty irrelevant.
As are most of your "points"
I like many others continue to be amazed that a mod can be allowed to troll the forums he's supposed to be moderating.

The cheap foreign labour driving down wages malarkey was started by Blair donkeys years ago.
I think you'll find that waves of immigrants willing to work cheap doing the most menial work was happening long before Blair.

I'm sure the immigrants would prefer higher wages. Do you think it may have something to do with the bosses?

If Brexit stops immigration (yeah right); the Conservatives will drive down wages themselves.

You, too, can pick vegetables in East Anglia if you want. Go on - do an immigrant out of a job. You know it makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Jeez what kind of guy assumes all immigrants do menial veg picking jobs? :whistle:

I think you'll find that waves of immigrants willing to work cheap doing the most menial work was happening long before Blair.

I agree, but he upped the scale enormously.

I'm sure the immigrants would prefer higher wages. Do you think it may have something to do with the bosses?

Again I agree, I just don't believe A/ that getting here and staying here should be so easy, and B/ The "bosses" you speak of should be able to exploit that so easily. It's not just the EU I blame for the current state of affairs.

If Brexit stops immigration (yeah right); the Conservatives will drive down wages themselves.

I am under no illusions about the tories but they would find it much harder to drive down wages without the present uncontrolled immigration.

Jeez what kind of guy assumes all immigrants do menial veg picking jobs? :whistle:
Did I say that was all they did?

Are you saying immigrants push down the wages of top jobs as well?

Yes definitely. For example. Junior Doctor in Poland £2.61/hr. Romanian doctors 350 euros a month. That's why they are here, "saving" our NHS. Same with nurses. Pick a "top job" google it and see how our wages are undermined by Europeans.

Yes, maybe (I don't know) but surely the NHS doesn't pay them less than other doctors.

If they do, are we perhaps saving 350 million a week? Just a thought.

Yes, maybe (I don't know) but surely the NHS doesn't pay them less than other doctors.

No it pays the collective equally less due to the migrants lower expectations but I think you knew that really (y)

Perhaps junior doctors are a bad example; what about when they qualify?

Are GPs poorly paid because a lot are foreign? What about dentists?

You have absolutely no idea how they gained their Spanish citizenship,
No, I don't that's what I find puzzling.
You're just exploiting a sentence on the news about five people being killed by accident to pursue your own political agenda!
I don't have a political agenda, just a common sense one. :rolleyes:
I understand you have some oriental origin. No-ones puzzling, doubting or questioning your UK citizenship.

Nor should they, I was born here as were my mother and father. If I upped and went to work for lower than the average wage in some foreign country that I have no connection to, and I was one of many thousands doing just that. And if that foreign country was populated by people who had seen their average wage driven down by me and my fellow immigrants....I'm fcking certain there would be plenty questioning my origins and what I was doing there.
You have some oriental origin. You are a UK citizen. No-one is questioning, puzzled or doubting your right to UK citizenship.
What right do you have to doubt or question a Spanish national with Gambian origins?
You're exploiting their origin to pursue your own political agenda, with no knowledge of it's accuracy or relevance.
As a UK citizen you have every right to go and work in Spain. They had every right to come and work in UK. Because you believe that it has an effect on UK wages you are trying to exploit their Gambian origins to support your argument. Their origins are irrelevant. Make your argument without recourse to such irrelevant political and xenophobic reference.

Doubt anyone knows what they are today to be honest. .................. Bet they were lower than if they was no foreign labour though (y)

So asking what wages were a year ago compared to today is pretty irrelevant.
I see the two forum economists are not only perplexed about whether wages are higher or lower than a year ago, they've also affirmed that they're confident of the reason why they're lower, (although they aren't sure that they are.) :rolleyes:
It beggars belief.

I like many others continue to be amazed that a mod can be allowed to troll the forums he's supposed to be moderating.

Is John D actually Billy Jo Martin??
I see the argument was lost a few posts ago. So the main protagonists resort to ad hominem comments.
Why am I not surprised. :rolleyes:

You have some oriental origin. You are a UK citizen. No-one is questioning, puzzled or doubting your right to UK citizenship.
What right do you have to doubt or question a Spanish national with Gambian origins?

Idiot! The point of this discussion was to show how being a member of the EU facilitates the arrival of economic migrants, my grandfather arrived here at the beginning of the last century, long before the EU was even thought of. So your point is completely irrelevant to that. Or are you saying that no UK citizen whose family history doesn't go back to the dawn of time in an unbroken British line has the right to question the arrival of economic migrants today? If so you are even more of an idiot.
Make your argument without recourse to such irrelevant political and xenophobic reference.

I will make my argument on the points I deem relevant, I will not allow an idiot to define what those points should be. Their origins are relevant because they are economic migrants, not because they are black, but because they are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS. Can you get that through your head?

And on that subject their are many millions more economic migrants who will be heading towards Europe in the coming years, and Europe is currently fighting a losing battle to stop that.
In the age of the internet and instant communication even those poor people who live in squalor in third world countries can see the difference in living standards and life chances between where they are and Europe. Who can blame them for wanting to be here rather than there? I would if I was one of them, I would want to give my kids a chance of a better life. Europe and America are El Dorado to millions of people the world over. Can we take them all if they decide to come? Millions have already. Will we still have a recognisable country if we tried?
The answer to both of those last two questions is NO so we need to try and do something about it, maybe there is ultimately nothing we can do about it, and just leaving the EU is certainly not the answer, but by fck it was a necessary first step.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back