Spanish nationals from the Gambia

Status
Not open for further replies.
..............., it highlights even more the absurdity of the EU free movement b0llox.
Especially with Turkey vying to join amid talk about them offering citizenship to millions of Syrians.

I am neither disappointed nor surprised that you have no counter argument to the point I was making.
i.e. The EU freedom of movement rules are being exploited by foreign nationals from poor countries to gain access to the UK jobs market, specifically by gaining citizenship to other EU countries knowing that will allow them too come here, and without ever intending to live in the countries they have been granted citizenship of. And it's all legal, and there's nothing we can do about it while we are part of the EU.
Which is why the referendum result went the way that it did.
Though there are still many who are just to plain stupid to see that.

Well, it said on the news that they were Spanish nationals from the Gambia so I suppose I am. I wasn't aware that the Gambia was a part of Spain.
If you know better I will be happy to be corrected.

Idiot! The point of this discussion was to show how being a member of the EU facilitates the arrival of economic migrants, my grandfather arrived here at the beginning of the last century, long before the EU was even thought of. So your point is completely irrelevant to that. Or are you saying that no UK citizen whose family history doesn't go back to the dawn of time in an unbroken British line has the right to question the arrival of economic migrants today? If so you are even more of an idiot.
Despite your resort to insults, it is absolutely apparent, by your repeated comments, listed above, that you believed that these Spanish citizens were illegal immigrants, or schemed and tricked their way into becoming Spanish citizens, by some dubious method. Yet you have not a shred of evidence to support your assertion. It's all imagination on your part.
You then exploit this imaginary accusation against these unfortunate individuals who were accidentally killed in an industrial accident to pursue your own xenophobic agenda! You then wrap that up in an Brexit argument against immigrants!
Nigel and Boris would have been proud to have you on their team, full of imaginary accusations and fanciful ideas.

I will make my argument on the points I deem relevant, I will not allow an idiot to define what those points should be. Their origins are relevant because they are economic migrants, not because they are black, but because they are ECONOMIC MIGRANTS. Can you get that through your head?
You have absolutely no idea what their status was. They could have been born in Spain to Gambian parents! They could have been born in Gambia to Spanish parents. They could have been born in Equatorial Guinea to Gambian parents! Any of those conditions would afford them Spanish citizenship!
Shame on you for slandering five unfortunate men killed in an industrial accident.
You should check your facts before abusing victims of accidents.

And on that subject their are many millions more economic migrants who will be heading towards Europe in the coming years, and Europe is currently fighting a losing battle to stop that.
More grubby political and xenophobic nonsense based on your imagined status of the unfortunate individuals.
Are you concerned that they'd be competing for your social housing, your benefits, your unskilled job?
You're a disgrace!

Sponsored Links
Despite your resort to insults, it is absolutely apparent, by your repeated comments, listed above, that you believed that these Spanish citizens were illegal immigrants, or schemed and tricked their way into becoming Spanish citizens, by some dubious method. Yet you have not a shred of evidence to support your assertion. It's all imagination on your part.
You then exploit this imaginary accusation against these unfortunate individuals who were accidentally killed in an industrial accident to pursue your own xenophobic agenda! You then wrap that up in an Brexit argument against immigrants!
Nigel and Boris would have been proud to have you on their team, full of imaginary accusations and fanciful ideas.

Yet again you miss the point.
I have no interest whatsoever in how Gambians can and do become Spanish citizens. Just the obvious fact that foreign nationals from all over the world can gain access to the UK jobs market by gaining citizenship in any one of the 27 other countries in the EU. As highlighted by this story, it's all legal and there is nothing we can do about it while in the EU. Which, thankfully we are now going to put behind us.
More grubby political and xenophobic nonsense based on your imagined status of the unfortunate individuals.
Are you concerned that they'd be competing for your social housing, your benefits, your unskilled job?
You're a disgrace!

I'm concerned for the future of my country, my children's country, my grandchildren's country.
I don't live in social housing. I don't claim benefits. My job is reasonably skilled I would say.
You're an idiot.

Just the obvious fact that foreign nationals from all over the world can gain access to the UK jobs market by gaining citizenship in any one of the 27 other countries in the EU.
You're still demonstrating that you are convinced that these unfortunate men had obtained Spanish (and therefore EU citizenship) by some dubious means.
You have not a shred of evidence on which to base your assumption. As Spanish and therefore EU citizens they were free to live and work anywhere in EU, irrespective of their ethnicity or origins, whether you like it or not.
You're just exploiting their deaths, and their origins, for your own disgraceful xenophobia.
You're missing the point. You're vilifying five unfortunate men in pursuit of your own xenophobic agenda.

I'm concerned for the future of my country, my children's country, my grandchildren's country.
I don't live in social housing. I don't claim benefits. My job is reasonably skilled I would say.
You're an idiot.
With people like you around, I'm concerned also.
Your disgusting exploitation of an industrial accident to assert your disgraceful assumptions and spout your nonsense is xenophobia at its worst. It explains why you voted for Brexit.
Your hatred has overcome your ability for (limited) logical thought.

Last edited:
Wow. It took four pages for full presentation of the "racist card". Slacking there Himmi.

Sponsored Links
Wow. It took four pages for full presentation of the "racist card". Slacking there Himmi.
Still ad hominem attacks because your ability to address the argument is woefully inadequate. :rolleyes:

You're still demonstrating that you are convinced that these unfortunate men had obtained Spanish (and therefore EU citizenship) by some dubious means.
You have not a shred of evidence on which to base your assumption. As Spanish and therefore EU citizens they were free to live and work anywhere in EU, irrespective of their ethnicity or origins, whether you like it or not.

Still you parade your stupidity.
I do not care whether these people obtained their Spanish nationality dubiously or otherwise, that does not matter to the point I was making.
Once having gained Spanish nationality they were free to come and work here, and anyone from anywhere else in the world gaining nationality for any of the other 27 countries in the EU would have the same right. So not only do we have to rely on our own government to have a sensible policy regarding immigration, we have to rely on 27 other governments to do the same. No thanks.

You're just exploiting their deaths, and their origins, for your own disgraceful xenophobia.
You're missing the point. You're vilifying five unfortunate men in pursuit of your own xenophobic agenda.

No, I used their origins to make the above point. It is you who keeps insisting on trying to change the argument. I don't care where they came from, the fact is they came from outside of the EU and had a legal right to be here and that same scenario can be repeated 27 times.
As I have already said I don't blame anybody for trying to improve theirs and their children's lives, nor have I tried to vilify anyone, least of all these 5 men. I blame the government and the powers that be in the EU for allowing this unsustainable situation to exist. Thank fck we're getting out.

Perhaps sooey demonstrated it on the first page?

Did he indeed?
Perhaps you would care to point out where. or apologise for your groundless insinuations.

+++++++++++++++
this thread is going nowhere and is now locked
+++++++++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back