• Thread starter EdwardCurrent
  • Start date
Hi All,

£60.00 fine and 3 points :(

Have since left the job.

Ta.
Ed.

Sponsored Links
You did the right thing Ed; well done for taking it on the chin.

would agree with softus.

good luck with finding a new job, but dont let them put you off doing it again.

Doing what again?

Softus

AFAIK, they do send the NIP to your company (has to reach your employer within 14 days), then your employer would forward it on to you.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Doing what again?
Being honest.

He said:
I said:

AFAIK, they do send the NIP to your company (has to reach your employer within 14 days), then your employer would forward it on to you.
Wrong on three counts. The NIP (or an eqivalent) has to be sent to the keeper within 14 days, and the keeper is required by law to disclose the identity of the driver at the time of the offence.

Wrong on three counts. The NIP (or an eqivalent) has to be sent to the keeper within 14 days, and the keeper is required by law to disclose the identity of the driver at the time of the offence.[/quote]

I made some assumptions here:

A. The company is the registered keeper.

B. I omitted to say that the NIP would be forwarded to you having id'd yourself as the driver.

What is the 3rd count?

EdwardCurrent said:
Had I better mention it to them, or leave it and see what happens do you think ????
I believe it's your duty to tell your insurance company of any points you may have(?) In 1987 my car was hit at the rear by a company car and there a long delay of sorting out the claims because the driver had 11 points on his licence and didn't tell the insurance company which invalidate his insurance cover as the insurance premium should've been higher, so basically he was uninsured, the legal aid on my insurance policies took it to court to win my claim against the driver. It would've been cheaper to pay a higher insurance premium :!:

I think it used to be or don't know if it's still is, that the insurance company allow up to 6 points without effecting the premium but you still have to tell them

Now listen, all you pedant`s What About The Bleedin` Apostrophe that shouldn`t be in the friggin title :rolleyes: Gatso`s Schmatso`s

doyle said:
as former driving instructor on hgv, i would say its discretion of police to take to court on the speed at time of offence.

fixed camera always a postal thing ticket goes to company within 6 mths as not all cameras are not attended daily or weekly or even mthly.

back of a vosa van, then expect a super fast delivery. trust me on that hgv test centres are vosa centres too.
they uplaod all digital information from onboard equipment daily which communicates with the others giving a full check on the vehicle insurance tax ect automatically with no exceptions to it as its computerised.

what happens is

company recieved panalty notice, they inform the police of the drivers details and company insurances ect. they then have option:
1 they can hand it direct to the driver
2 send it back with drivers details for police to send to driver

most companies hand it direct to driver within reasonable time for the payment to be made. some will make you sign for it others wont.

bad news is if you get more points you might lose your job, to many act on insurance cost six points is ussually the limit for most company's.

lesson to be learnt
rag your A55 of and you get more drops, more drops means more speed more speed means more tickets and then loss of employment.....they dont give a fiddlers f&rt about your licence they just employ another person to take your place.

so not have you just lost half a days pay and bounced your own premiums up by another half a days pay for the next four five years you earned your company extra money for the privalage of it, why because you got that last extra drop done....well done mate your a star heres a pat on the back from the company.

harsh but hits home doesnt it, been there done it 10 yrs on the road mate seen everthing done everything, i garantee you one thing though you and your wife aint as impressed about that last extra job as your boss's was.

take care hope it works out for you
terry

ps speed limit on duel carriage way for astramax 70 mph.

derived van( say a ford transit 1 tonner uprated to 3.5 tons on axles ect) 60 mph

A lot of nonsense is being said here.

The police have 15 days to issue a NIP to the registered keeper of the vehicle (your company). They CANNOT pass this directly to you, they must state who was driving and then send it back to the police within 28 days. If they refuse, they will be prosecuted under section 172 of the road traffic act. failing to provide information.

The police then (usually after the elapsed 28 days) then send YOU your very own NIP, you then have 28 days further to return the form. However, there is a loophole (as always).

See here www.pepipoo.co.uk

I am in exactly the same situation and am sending in a Pace witness statement and will see what happens. GOOD LUCK, don't roll over and play dead, if everyone fought back, there would be a lot less scameras around !!!!

arqradeng said:
And yet....

The police have 15 days to issue a NIP to the registered keeper of the vehicle (your company).
No (sigh), it's 14 days.

However, there is a loophole (as always).

I've seen more interesting wet paint. Have you clicked on your own link?

I am in exactly the same situation and am sending in a Pace witness statement and will see what happens. GOOD LUCK, don't roll over and play dead, if everyone fought back, there would be a lot less scameras around !!!!
Yay! Break the law and then find a loophole, yay! Cost the country untold zillions in administration, yay! All join in and bring the infrastructure to its knees. We shall all have a party with mountains of cream cakes and lashings of ginger beer. Huzzah! :D

Softus said:
arqradeng said:
And yet....

The police have 15 days to issue a NIP to the registered keeper of the vehicle (your company).
No (sigh), it's 14 days.

However, there is a loophole (as always).

I've seen more interesting wet paint. Have you clicked on your own link?

Yay! Break the law and then find a loophole, yay! Cost the country untold zillions in administration, yay! All join in and bring the infrastructure to its knees. We shall all have a party with mountains of cream cakes and lashings of ginger beer. Huzzah! :D

My apologies, your right Softarse its 14 days !!!

As for breaking the law and then finding loopholes. It's only a loophole because one side is not acting correctly and observing ALL the rules.

Its not about costing the country millions of pounds, its about this useless government persercuting the common man. Wake up, its easy money and yet another stealth tax. If you can honestly say you've never ever gone over the speed limit, fine. But I'm fairly sure, if you drive regularly you "break the law" regularly, if your prepared to bend over and take it up the shfinkter for going 4mph over the limit, then fine go ahead, but I prefer to put up a fight for my rights.

arqradeng said:
Softus said:
No (sigh), it's 14 days.
My apologies
Accepted.

As for breaking the law and then finding loopholes. It's only a loophole because one side is not acting correctly and observing ALL the rules.
You broke the law. Be adult enough to accept the penalty.

Its not about costing the country millions of pounds
Er, yes it is.

its about this useless government persercuting the common man.
Grow up. Have a look at what Mugabe has done to Zimbabwe and then put your ridiculous assertion into context.

If you can honestly say you've never ever gone over the speed limit, fine.
I'm happy to say that I have; both deliberately and mistakenly. And I accepted the penalty because it was the right thing to do.

But I'm fairly sure, if you drive regularly you "break the law" regularly
No. It's very rare that I break the law, and that's because I try not to.

There are far more important and deserving rights to be fighting for. The right to weedle out of your one's just deserts already exists, doesn't need fighting for, therefore isn't even a blip on my radar.

I don't mean to keep this old thread going as it seems that people are sticking to their guns with what they believe to be correct but I feel drawn to comment.

prior to New Years Day 2007 I had been flashed by cameras and zapped by handheld hairdryers whilst exceeding the speed limit ( I don't normally drive excessively fast) but not been prosecuted.

I might point out that I'm a HGV artic driver, so I drive a considerable number of miles and consider myself to be of a reaosnable standard; generally reading the road conditions adequately.

However last New Years day I was visiting my brother in Aylesbury and was caught doing 34mph in a 30 (camera was just over brow of steep hill) and I was offered the option of attending a speed awareness course which cost £70ish and you do not receive points. The OP may have been offered this if the police force where he was caught considered this a practical option.

Also my understanding of the law in regard to speed is that if you exceed the speed limit by 30mph then you face a ban; the length of which will be determined by how much over you are. Speed limits do not alter unless your vehicle has a train weight of 3500kg or over.

all IMHO

Softus said:
Accepted.

No problem. Thanks.

You broke the law. Be adult enough to accept the penalty.

Fair point. I also jay walk regularly and I may have dropped a fag butt on the odd occasion, I will hand myself in tomorrow !!!!

Its not about costing the country millions of pounds
Er, yes it is.

Er, no it is not. If going a few miles over the limit is so bad, then why not fine everyone £1000 and an instant ban ? The fixed penalty is kept at a level where the majority will just pay up and shut up, since it is the 'easier' option. This is typical of this government, they know that most 'law abiding' working people, will just pay up, IT'S EASY MONEY !!! Why do you think we now have so many speed cameras. They have done absolutely nothing to improve actual road safety.

its about this useless government persercuting the common man.

Grow up. Have a look at what Mugabe has done to Zimbabwe and then put your ridiculous assertion into context.

I fully sympathise with the people of Zimbabwe, but WTF has that got to do with motorists in the UK ??

If you can honestly say you've never ever gone over the speed limit, fine.
I'm happy to say that I have; both deliberately and mistakenly. And I accepted the penalty because it was the right thing to do.

Your decision.

But I'm fairly sure, if you drive regularly you "break the law" regularly
No. It's very rare that I break the law, and that's because I try not to.

You are in a very rare minority if you never go over the limit. Next time you do, remember this thread !!!!

There are far more important and deserving rights to be fighting for. The right to weedle out of your one's just deserts already exists, doesn't need fighting for, therefore isn't even a blip on my radar.

On this point, I fully agree. There are plenty of more worthy fights to be had, but we need to start somewhere.

Softus, I could and would go on debating this with you forever. But I think we shall have to agree to disagree on this one. I respect your thoughts on the matter and have actually taken on board one or two of the things said. No hard feelings, eh ??

Sponsored Links
Back