speedfit

• Thread starter NotSureAboutDIY
  • Start date
I still prefer to use copper and wont touch flexi connectors, however, can the guys that claim they never use plastic tell me how they 1st fix newbuilds with copper, (if they do this work) now that the LABC wont allow joists to be noged only drilled. So unless you get the pipes in before the walls go up you must solder alot of sockets!
Its not so much the builders choice but building control telling the professional plumbers on site what materials to use.Plastic has its uses.

Sponsored Links
They don't go into new builds in case the dot n dab walls fall on them.

Last 2 barns & the last new house i did the builders nail gunned 25mm battens on to the spec/sized joists so we didnt notch in to the joists at all. Also the B.I alowed us to cut 54mm holes through the centre of the joists to allow neat waste runs as long as it was within 300mm of the end of joists & the design of the bathrooms used short joist lengths .

Builders near us dont go to the trouble of battening onto the joists(good idea though, keep that in mind) Therefore we're left with no otion other than to drill through.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I can email if anybody wants to post them here to demonstrate why I dont like plastic.
It's your choice, but you could just use words to say what it is about the installation you "don't like" (sic.).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back