Spillage test on back boiler

DIA They are that old they Came out before spillage test was invented. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
God now your talking been years since done that also look at chrome trim above radiants youngsters will be wondering WTFwe are talking about. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
So what does a bahama BBU look like :rolleyes:

Well, it looks like a really amazing gas fire right, with a boiler hidden behind it, not on the wall but secreted in the breast, you wouldn`t know it was there until you died of carbon monoxide poisoning probably.

I think poor bamber gasworks has lost the plot or trying to be clever again.

There was over a hundred different Bermuda bbu's, and considerably less Bahama's :LOL:

Like None :LOL: :LOL: [/b]

:LOL: :LOL: bahama is a fan flued wall mounted boiler. but if you want to fit it in chimney carry on

i don't know the boiler in the original post so i won't comment on it in particular, but will comment that to do a spillage test properly on ANY open flued appliance it must be done at maximum so on a range rated appliance after testing the appliances one at a time you should test at maximum boiler BP WITH fire ON, then reset boiler BP to load required, come on guys/girls admit who ALWAYS tests under worst possible conditions like this. if checking to confirm flue is removing all POC's you wouldn't remove the fire you would have fire and boiler on at the same time

Confirmed it yourself bamber you don`t have a clue :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ooh, two losers battling it out. Hang on...just a mo....

Deckchair.jpg

Ah, that's better. Right - carry on you two. :D

Blimey - I didn't think I would get so many replies - or cause such controversy! In answer to some points raised/questions asked-
Namsag - I think i can see what you mean about removing the case of the fire to improve access - happy to do that, but I'm not going to remove the complete fire because that would mean disconnecting gas feed from gas cock. I know what the draught diverter is & how to check for spilllage - I was just asking how people do it with the firefront on. I can't see the point in doing it with the firefront not fitted anyway.

Doitall - Boiler is a CH411/1 GC No 44-620-07. No mention of spillage testing in MI's.

Generally I can't see why I shouldn't do additional spillage tests in addition to regular corgi servicing - even if I do it wrong it's no worse than not doing it at all! I have a DFE fire and I check that regularly. As for BBU's being death traps - statistics show you're much more likely to get killed in a road accident

Thanks for replies

Paul

hmm, why dont you bypass all of this nonsense and get carbon monoxide detector :idea:

Pensioner nickso,shout at them from 2 feet away and they still look blank an say "did you say something".. :confused: :confused:

she has a CO detecter, but given the local seagulls habit of building nests on chimney stacks I thought it might be wise to keep an eye on it if it can be done using smoke matches etc.

Paul

Pensioner Nickso has trouble with his eyes as well :LOL:

The fire front in question is the wooden surround with the Candles.

I would have thought a smoke match held anywhere near the top of the candles would pull, certainly would be worth a try, unless you know different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back