SPIROVENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody fitted a "SPIROVENT" deaerator to a domestic heating system? Is this better than useing inhibitor? Any feedback please.
Thanks Frank

Sponsored Links
yes spirovent will work on a domestic sys.what is the prob as the spirovent is a dearerator and the inhibitor inhibits two seperate probs two sep cures.

I have a 25 year old system. The boiler/cylinder and some controles are being replaced to upgrade the system. Also a power flush. The heating engineer suggested installing a spirovent instead of inhibiter-"take away the air and you can`t get any corrosion". Fitting a combi I think.
Regards Frank

if flushed correctly and cleaned out properly a spirovent would be better than inhibitor if no fresh water will enter the sys,if you have to keep topping up the combi pressure a spirovent will be no good.some inhibiters can cause probs with combis internal seals/washers have been known to fail due to inhibitors

Sponsored Links
Any water vented to the atmosphere will continue to take in oxygen, alwways use fernox inhibitor no matter what the installation.

Thanks for your help so far.The engineer says that the system will only loose a very small amount of water over a year and the spirovent will eliminate any air in the fresh water. Is this not better than perished seals etc? However the system is 25 years old. Will this make it more prone to leaks especially as it will now be pressurized not on a f & e tank
Frank

Frank 56 said:
I have a 25 year old system. The boiler/cylinder and some controles are being replaced to upgrade the system. Also a power flush. The heating engineer suggested installing a spirovent instead of inhibiter-"take away the air and you can`t get any corrosion". Fitting a combi I think.
Regards Frank
A significant factor in corrosion is that fact that water contains oxygen in solution - venting removes only the air and oxygen that is not in solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back