Split water supply between washing machine & dish washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I am going to buy a dishwasher and put it next to my washing machine so I can share the cold water supply and waste pipe.

I understand from reading other posts on the forum that this is possible, although I believe that I will only be able to use one machine at a time, is this correct?

It would be a great help if someone could let me know what splitters I will need and anything else required, a link to the product would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Calum

Sponsored Links
Both at the same time would be fine.

Supplying them isn't the issue, it is discharging the waste you need to be a little careful with.

Pictures would help.

Running trap out.
Replace with T.

2x 1 ½ hep2o traps with running adapters.

One of those on the branch the other on the elbow you already have.

Job done.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan.

Would it be possible to post a link to the bits I'll need as im not really up with plumbing terminology!

If Dan doesnt mind me helping out, a couple of these: http://www.plumbingandheatingstore....ps-and-accessories/hepvo-40mm-cv1-waste-valve and I think you'll need the bits you have linked to fit into the top of the Hep valves. Then a short piece of 40mm waste pipe in the adaptors to give required height.

A T such as: http://www.plumbingandheatingstore....gs/multikwik-40mm-wp129-compression-tee-white Remove existing trap and fit T. One Hep valve into the branch of the T using a short section of pipe from branch to valve. Short section of pipe into end of T, elbow, short section of pipe then Hep valve as before. (Make sure Hep valves are right way round or you'll flood the place!)

Water supply, you can use a 'Y' on the cold tap but i'd be cautious, they seem rather weak to me, if it gets knocked by the washing machine it may be enough to break it. Ideally remove existing valve, fit a 'T' valve, short piece of 15mm copper tube then existing valve onto that to provide second supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back