spur off an fcu?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i need to install a condensate pump next to the boiler. the boiler is powered from a 3amp SFU. can i run a spur off the boiler sfu to an fcu for the condesnate pump?

Sponsored Links
The two values don't match but either way -

Yes, then.

You should run the pump from the load side of the present FCU without another fuse.

This way if the fuse should blow then neither the pump nor the boiler would run.

If you put the pump on its own fuse should it blow and no one noticed the boiler would continue to run without the condensate being cleared.

Sponsored Links
well yeah thats what i thought but the boiler engineer said i couldnt run the pump from the same FCU as the boiler although i didnt askk him why. didnt know if it was something specific to boiler regulations

I don't know either - no electrical reason.

I would think the point about the pump failing with the boiler still running was the most important consideration.

Also, a central heating system should have a single point of isolation.

another related question is if you are running a spur from a socket or wiirng two appliances to an fcu presumably you have to run two parrallel cables into each termination hole. is this correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back