Star Lighting in ceiling

Mine cant be seen. I have an artexed ceiling so maybe they would be visible if it was a flush ceiling.
Just make sure you get the right size drill and the hole should hold it in position, if you start messing about with glue it could get messy IMO.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I want to take power from the loft somewhere as the power supply box will sit there. Where can I take power from? Can I simply tap into a lighting circuit which supplies the light in that room? It's going to be a remote control unit so switched on and off with that.

Aslong as its a permanent supply and not a switched supply.
You will need to mark the socket as lighting only-thats presuming your taking it off your existing lighting circuit.
You could put a FCU (spur) in before the socket with a 3amp fuse in it to prevent the lighting MCB tripping should someone use the socket for something likely to overload the circuit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John I'm planning on keeping the kit attached to the lighting circuit in the loft so that power supply will not have anything else attached to it. I have someone putting in an extractor fan in the bathroom ceiling so will ask if I can get a feed from that possibly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back