Steam Radiator leaks even when closed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

This is a great and thank you. I am currently having a problem with a steam radiator leak. Even when the valve is closed, it leaks from underneath the valve. How would I get it to stop?

Sponsored Links
Hi !.
We don't use steam in UK houses(only for ironing & removing wallpaper), factories & ships Yes! so you'll get little response I would think.
However the solution to your problem would depend on type of joint you have at point of leakage.
If you have fittings with screw threads it would be wise to dismantle and apply a sealant in the form of a paste or tape before re tightening.
The joint on the other hand may be some type of flange with a sealing washer between two flanges, again the washer would need replacing or sealant applying. It all depends on what aspect is making the seal.
What kind of pressures does' you boiler operate at?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back