Steam Shower cable and MCB

Builders Ive used before in the surgery and other places. Theyve always been reliable and done good work with me.

The electrician is the first, didnt really shop around

And the plumbers, dont go down that round, worst mistake i made in my life. a 2 week job in plumbing 2 bathrooms has now taken over 4 months and theres still leaks.

Yes your right, it wasnt the answer I was after but looks like i will have to wait. As i work during the week, Im not around hence why i wanted to buy everything in over the weekend.

10mm2 with a 40A MCB behind a 30ma B type RCD.
Personally, I would go with an RCBO.
http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/products/C...MK+RCBO+40a+30mA+17th+Edition+RCBO/3579900800

Max cable length 66 metres for both TN-C-S and TNS Earthing. Good for installation methods A,C,100,102 (Enclosed in conduit in wall, clipped direct, in roof/floor with <100mm insulation, in roof/floor >100mm insulation).

Hope this helps.

You really need to get your leccy to do their sums though. If you end up zapping yourself, its your own fault.

Table C9.2 to "Guide to the Wiring Regulations 17th Edition". Available on the net as an illicit download if you know where to look.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys

I found the note afterall. Had stored the note on my phone.

I had to buy 10m of 10mm cable x 2
and a 40amp fuse.

Thanks for the RCBO advise, went for that.

Electrican should be here after 10am to kick start this.

last question on this topic. Is it worth while going for another RCBO for the Oven/ Cooker as that will also have a 10mm cable. I havent planned for the Oven/ Cooker yet but the cabling needs to be laid and the Electrican said best to go for 10mm to be on the save side.

Sponsored Links
I have now :D

he pretty much said to hold fire until I have purchased the Oven/ Cooker or know which one Im going for. Make the decision then.

As mentioned earlier, he was coming in at 10am and posted the question about 8ish.

I believe its good to get others opionion so that Im not just going on one single persons advise.

Its good to talk :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back