Still getting air in C/H after chemical cleaning!!!!!!

I can't make out in the photos where the F&E pipe and the Vent pipe are, or why you appear to have two vertical pipes connected into an H.

Can you elucidate?

Sponsored Links
Do you have Belmont rad valves fitted on the return connections to the rads? They have grey caps.

I can't make out in the photos where the F&E pipe and the Vent pipe are, or why you appear to have two vertical pipes connected into an H.

Can you elucidate?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/cragga_lfc/dad/CentralHeating004.jpg

This picture is showing left riser from Boiler - top left going to vent - top right cold feed and bottom right into pump ( arrow on the pump pointing down

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/cragga_lfc/dad/CentralHeating005.jpg

This picture is showing pipes going to the loft where the feed/expansion tank is directly above

So from the "H", both pipes go into the loft? LHS being vent and RHS being cold feed?

Some of the pipes look a silvery colour, do you know what they are made of?

Sponsored Links
So from the "H", both pipes go into the loft? LHS being vent and RHS being cold feed?

Some of the pipes look a silvery colour, do you know what they are made of?

Silvery colour is paint - the non painted pipes are new further to removing blockage as described earlier

Are you sure it is air in the radiators?
It may be Hydrogen caused by the breakdown of water caused by dissimmilar metals.
Do you have any aluminium radiators?
Collect some 'air' from the rads in an upturned jar and try lighting with a match.If hydrogen is present it will pop. Do not try and light the bleed nipple as you find you have created a blowtorch which is very hard to extinquish until the water comes out!!!I did this once and once only and burned myself badly :oops:

Are you sure it is air in the radiators?
It may be Hydrogen caused by the breakdown of water caused by dissimmilar metals.
Do you have any aluminium radiators?
Collect some 'air' from the rads in an upturned jar and try lighting with a match.If hydrogen is present it will pop. Do not try and light the bleed nipple as you find you have created a blowtorch which is very hard to extinquish until the water comes out!!!I did this once and once only and burned myself badly :oops:

Not sure what the radiators are made of - they are magnetic if that helps.

Tried the match test directly on the bleed valve a number of weeks ago - fortunate for me no flame hence no gas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back