Converting close coupled to combined feed & vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowley, whould you care to go to the combustion section to continue this discusion?

Sponsored Links
Doctor Drivel - Have I interpreted your advice correctly. Would the cold feed now be 15mm? If so , this is exactly the same as my next door neighbour who has the same boiler and arragements as me other than feed

You have it nearly right. The cold feed can be either 15mm or 22mm. If 22mm leave it. How it should be below:

2we9ch0.jpg

• [*]The open vent and cold feed are "teed off" the flow pipe.
    [*]The main water flow is from the boiler using bends.
    [*]Open vent and cold feeds are teed off this.
    [*]Prime pump suction is on the main flow pipe from the boiler, not on the cold feed.
    [*]Have the tees centre of the horizontal pipe, next to each other, then equal pull on the two pipes.
    [*]Have bends where I indicated.
    [*]Avoid elbows.
    [*]This is self venting too.
The existing setup has many restrictions to flow. Unfortunately this "H" setup you have, has become a defacto standard by the bathroom changers who think they know heating. Very sad.

Take no notice of other posts.

I am very sorry Nairb, but I cannot give advice to anyone who is giving any credance to Dr Drivel. He retired ages ago and never worked with his hands on practical systems.

He is also an "immaginary person" who you cannot actually meet at trade exhibitions, ARGI or the IPHE etc.

I have deleted my own postings and would be grateful if anyone who has copied or quoted them could do the same please.

Tony

I am very sorry Nairb,

Resorted to personal insults with no positive contribution whatsoever, only negative and insulting - so has lost. Best you stick to pump changing and leave the installation aspect to professionals.

The OP is after a solution, he has it so please go away and change a thermocouple somewhere.

Sponsored Links
I am very sorry Nairb, but I cannot give advice

Your advice is not needed, you don't know enough. He now knows how to do it so go to another thread about how to change a pump - very useful stuff.

I am very sorry Nairb,

Resorted to personal insults with no positive contribution whatsoever, only negative and insulating - so has lost. Best you stick to pump changing and leave the installation aspect to professionals.

The OP is after a solution, he has it so please go away and change a thermocouple somewhere.

"Insulating" is the property of a material to not conduct electricity!

Have you had your neuron response times measured lately?

Why dont you join the IPHE or ARGI if you really believe that you are still working in this industry?

Tony

Converting to a combined feed and vent will normally solve any problems.

You could do this within your room will be OK but do use 15 mm for the feed.

Oh my God!!!!! The blind leading the blind. A Combined feed & vent pipes has to be 22mm. Also the boiler needs a high limit stat

If only you could read and assimilate what I had written you would have seen that I said the vent pipe should be 22 mm but the feed is better at 15 mm.

Of course when you were working years ago, it was only in an office based capacity and you have no practical experience of heating installations.

If you knew anything about boilers then you would know that Potty Prima does have an overheat stat! All boilers for the last 20 years have had them! Did you really retire that long ago? I thought you were only 73.

You dont even seem to have a name!!!

Tony

Agile wrote

This is the classic response on this forum.
Nit picking spelling and grammar mistakes.
Never mind Tony. Better luck next time.
Just as well you have withdrawn your advice on this one.
Best you go off to the combustion chamber to sort it out. ;)

Tony, I have read a great number of your posts with interest. You clearly seem to be an extremely knowledgeable guy, who freely gives up his time to assist others with their problems. Please do not lower yourself into trading insults.

Tony

On the contrary he has many names, including:

Doctor Drivel, Water Systems, Balenza, Richard Hanson-Granville, various OP's, or just That bloke who thought the Alpha CD50 had a heatbank.

It is Doctor Drivel, as you see, as I am excellent at identifying drivel, which you have been the prime contributor on this thread. Now run along ...and stop cluttering the thread with drivel.

I did see you at one of the shows once. I couldn't miss you:
2w1z1ja.jpg

Tony

On the contrary he has many names, including:

Doctor Drivel, Water Systems, Balenza, Richard Hanson-Granville, various OP's, or just That bloke who thought the Alpha CD50 had a heatbank.

How about Icky the Firebobby? You missed that one out.

If only you could read and assimilate what I had written you would have seen that I said the vent pipe should be 22 mm but the feed is better at 15 mm.

Of course when you were working years ago, it was only in an office based capacity and you have no practical experience of heating installations.

If you knew anything about boilers then you would know that Potty Prima does have an overheat stat! All boilers for the last 20 years have had them! Did you really retire that long ago? I thought you were only 73.

Tony

Interesting piece of backpeddling. Can you do it on this........ ???

BigBike.jpg

Agile wrote

This is the classic response on this forum.
Nit picking spelling and grammar mistakes.
Never mind Tony. Better luck next time.
Just as well you have withdrawn your advice on this one.
Best you go off to the combustion chamber to sort it out. ;)

Talking to yourself again Drivel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back