Converting close coupled to combined feed & vent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your system ever work properly?.
Is the distance between open and cold feed vertical pipes less than 150mm?.
I would still move the tee section down to just above pump and clean system again especially flow and returns to and from boiler, and boiler itself.

Sponsored Links
Did your system ever work properly?.

System is 10 years old and I have always had to bleed air from 1 or 2 radiators upstairs. Adding inhibitor reduced it.

Changed the pump 4 months ago and the noises started then

Is the distance between open and cold feed vertical pipes less than 150mm?.

The measurement is exactly 150mm

I would still move the tee section down to just above pump and clean system again especially flow and returns to and from boiler, and boiler itself.

I can move tee section as you suggest . Can you expand on cleaning you recommend

wouldnt say its the answer to your problem but dont think its gonna help in the long run would be worth takin 22mm back to storage sytem including the tank connector

dont mean to make more work for you but in my experience[not a lot]when you do things by half you invariable have to go bake and do it again properly

Sponsored Links
wouldnt say its the answer to your problem but dont think its gonna help in the long run would be worth takin 22mm back to storage sytem including the tank connector

It was a cold day - good advice will change in the summer before I repair the ceiling.

Any more thoughts on what my problem could be? Incidentaly I have noticed tonight that where the cold feed pipe got really hot before up to 18" above t now gets warm

Add fernox/sentinal or other as you prefer to system as per instructions/quantities etc and circulate through boiler,primary flow & returns hot water circuit rather than heating circuit not the best time of year to do this, or power flush through this circuit.

Add fernox/sentinal or other as you prefer to system as per instructions/quantities etc and circulate through boiler,primary flow & returns hot water circuit rather than heating circuit not the best time of year to do this, or power flush through this circuit.

OK so you recommend I clean again. I do not have a hot water circuit so how would I close down heating circuit - no noticable valves to close

You need to send the cleaner around the primary circuit and you say you havn't got a hot water circuit, so you would have to close off rad valves, just the trv's end will do just leave the one you say is fitted with normal valves on, this will make just a small circuit for the cleaner to go around.
What heats your hot water?.

You need to send the cleaner around the primary circuit and you say you havn't got a hot water circuit, so you would have to close off rad valves, just the trv's end will do just leave the one you say is fitted with normal valves on, this will make just a small circuit for the cleaner to go around.
What heats your hot water?.

OK - will carry out when it gets warmer. should I also move pipework at the sametime ?

We have a separate gas fired water boiler - the other pipes you can see in the photograph

cold feed needs to be in 22mm from tank to system and do away with open vent. easiest way is to cap 15mm and drill and fit a new 22mm tank connector. enlarging a hole in a tank is more difficult than fitting a new one.

cold feed needs to be in 22mm from tank to system and do away with open vent. easiest way is to cap 15mm and drill and fit a new 22mm tank connector. enlarging a hole in a tank is more difficult than fitting a new one.

Thx for the advice on correcting cold feed.How would I remove the vent?

After some other suggestions do you feel that this could help solve my problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back