Stoke Tackle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not that I follow football, but I wonder if Mr Wenger is being paranoid?

He mentioned another of his players who was injured and implied that every other team seems to have it in for Arsenal, the latest injury being deliberate.

Do you think that fair?

That's not the way I saw it.

Sponsored Links
See Blas's post further down.
Don't know how to do a link sorry

Football is just riddled with egos, greed, cheating and just about any other sin you care to mention....

It's not a sport, it's a business. In the same way that Jordan manipulates the press to elicit cash, so do football managers and players....

And the worst part is the lack of respect.... for each other, for the officials, and for the youth that looks up to and emulates these false gods.....

Oh and don't get me started on their 'off the field' antics....

Football has a lot to answer for...

Sponsored Links
Imam, that's as maybe but we're on about whether that tackle was premeditated or not.

Imam, that's as maybe but we're on about whether that tackle was premeditated or not.

Sorry Dex... you can only use the word 'premeditated' in one post per day.... and you have already used it in the 'Whale' post earlier.... tut tut ! ;)

and besides, as Conny said, this is being discussed in another post already, so i thought i'd jump on the bandwagon and sl@g off football....

Yeah did you spot that Conny? :oops:

But on a serious note, i reckon footie players could play a much bigger role that MP's in changing this nation.... honesty and respect being two huge trates the youth of today could do well to follow...

But on a serious note, i reckon footie players could play a much bigger role that MP's in changing this nation.... honesty and respect being two huge trates the youth of today could do well to follow...

Your right there Imam.

Sorry Dex... you can only use the word 'premeditated' in one post per day.... and you have already used it in the 'Whale' post earlier.... tut tut ! ;)
that's not fair, I was quoting some old geyser who came out of the woodwork for his 15 mins of fame :cry: :cry:

and besides, as Conny said, this is being discussed in another post already, so i thought i'd jump on the bandwagon and sl@g off football....

Since football has many of the traits of a "religion" (as you point out when you use the term"false gods"), namely blindly following something of questionable value in everyday applications whilst those who espouse it live in luxury, then you may well have a point.

espouse - (verb) to adopt or support a cause, belief or way of life

John Terry was sha*&ing everything and e'spouse wasn't too happy about it.

Not that I follow football, but I wonder if Mr Wenger is being paranoid? .

Wenger is well known for moaning his ar*e off, nearly on a par with fergie..(man utd)..... :rolleyes:

It's completely understandable that any manager in a club/team/ situation (and players) will have initial outbursts of anger, purely because it's one of 'yours' thats hurt.
Trouble is he does it every week.... :rolleyes:

Everyones got it in for arsenal???????? ........Absolutely.....but what people like wenger fail to realise is EVERY club has got it in for EVERY other club..........Rightly so....Thats Football.

It was a fair tackle with no intention of malice ..IMO.

If it's the same one I'm thinking about, it wasn't my post conny mate it was started by HOGGY952.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216079

To get that 'link', make sure you're on the page you want to link to and simply highlight the address bar at the top of the screen. I've ringed it in red in this picture:

Then when you've highlighted it, click on it using your RIGHT mouse button. A menu will pop up. Click on COPY (using your LEFT mouse button this time), and now that 'Link' is on your 'clipboard' (inside your computer).

Now all you need to do is go to the thread/post you want to put the link in and using the RIGHT mouse button again, RIGHT click in the post you're creating and then click on PASTE on the menu that pops up. The link you highlighted and copied earlier will be pasted into the post you're creating.

Some people prefer to use the 'Edit' command at the top of the screen to 'Copy' and 'Paste'. Either way works fine, I just find using the mouse a bit quicker and easier but it's personal preference.

Hope that makes sense mate.

If it's the same one I'm thinking about, it wasn't my post conny mate it was started by HOGGY952.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=216079

To get that 'link', make sure you're on the page you want to link to and simply highlight the address bar at the top of the screen. I've ringed it in red in this picture:

Then when you've highlighted it, click on it using your RIGHT mouse button. A menu will pop up. Click on COPY (using your LEFT mouse button this time), and now that 'Link' is on your 'clipboard' (inside your computer).

Now all you need to do is go to the thread/post you want to put the link in and using the RIGHT mouse button again, RIGHT click in the post you're creating and then click on PASTE on the menu that pops up. The link you highlighted and copied earlier will be pasted into the post you're creating.

Some people prefer to use the 'Edit' command at the top of the screen to 'Copy' and 'Paste'. Either way works fine, I just find using the mouse a bit quicker and easier but it's personal preference.

Hope that makes sense mate.
How do you turn in it to read say Here or clicky.

I gave a brief outline of this in another post the other day. I'll see if I can find it mate. Two Ticks.

Sponsored Links
Back