Stormzy scholarship

Sponsored Links
Afaik there is a black & Asian police officers association ?? Whites are excluded ??

Is there not some type of music award festival with similar discrimination ??

Sponsored Links
I think what Stormzy has done is both justified and has got people talking about it.
That's a different matter.

I didn't know of him but he sounds a thoroughly good person.

You could just have said that limiting it to black kids is - well not quite right these days - but it's fair enough and you don't mind.

Let's just hope a white singer does not do the opposite.

For decades whites have been offered places at Oxbridge as a preference over all others. Two black people get offered places and the usual moaners come out of the woodwork spouting 'lets work towards equality and end racism'

Pfft Hypocrites .

I think the research that showed job applications with foreign names were much less likely to get shortlisted is an indication we have some way to go to reach equality in this country.

Positive action is tricky, potentially a good thing, but the argument that 'the best person for the job' might not be achieved could become a negative to the person that was chosen.

There is also the risk of resentment

For decades whites have been offered places at Oxbridge as a preference over all others.
Do you have evidence of that? Or are you saying based on the %age of undergrads by ethnic/race etc that attend?

If a race, class, religion etc is under represented in the applicant pool, then its likely that they will be under represented at intake. That is not to say the entrance requirement filters them out.

Do you have evidence of that? Or are you saying based on the %age of undergrads by ethnic/race etc that attend?
I suspect Cambridge would have a handle on how many students, and of what nationality/ethnicity/colour they are:
Cambridge University says it cannot do more to admit black British students 'on its own'
Six of Cambridge’s colleges admitted fewer than 10 British black or mixed white and black students over five-year period
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...leges-black-applicants-oxbridge-a8382136.html

If a race, class, religion etc is under represented in the applicant pool, then its likely that they will be under represented at intake. That is not to say the entrance requirement filters them out.
That is why organisations go some way to encourage applications from BAME potential candidates.

Sponsored Links
Back