stranded wire

I crimp multi-strand when the terminal is a screw that rotates as it is tightened down onto the conductor. Too often a few strands get cut by the rotating screw, or they move sideways from under the screw and the screw then does not put any pressure on them. Some 13 amp plugs especially.

Partex CEFT 1 is very good economically priced crimper for bootlace ferrules

https://www.rapidonline.com/partex-ceft1-bootlace-ferrule-crimping-tool-85-0275

i see this as well especially when you take the wring out for any reason...new plug etc
i double the end over...do you think that helps?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There'll be a new seven-bawby coin issued for convenience (stores), known as the buckie.

em..rats buchaidh ye'll ken and that money is only yased in the north east aroond ayberdine[/QUOTE]

Naw naw, the Buckie Triangle is Airdrie, Coatbridge and Cumbernauld

There'll be a new seven-bawby coin issued for convenience (stores), known as the buckie.

em..rats buchaidh ye'll ken and that money is only yased in the north east aroond ayberdine

Naw naw, the Buckie Triangle is Airdrie, Coatbridge and Cumbernauld[/QUOTE]

och aye ah mind noo...ra leccy soup...mulk an gas mixed...well yazed in castlemilk or ra barras...
ah yis tae goan ta cumernoad when ah bided in bonyuks but ah stuck tae ra peely wally mc'ewans licht

I crimp multi-strand when the terminal is a screw that rotates as it is tightened down onto the conductor. Too often a few strands get cut by the rotating screw, or they move sideways from under the screw and the screw then does not put any pressure on them. Some 13 amp plugs especially.

hell i just tried the link and i think i have a crimper...i did a radio swap in my car and used a crimping tool to do the wiring joints when matching circuits....damn....i could have got bootlace ferruls for my stranded wire??? as i had the tool to crimp them
yes??

hell i just tried the link and i think i have a crimper...i did a radio swap in my car and used a crimping tool to do the wiring joints when matching circuits....damn....i could have got bootlace ferruls for my stranded wire??? as i had the tool to crimp them
yes??
Yes and no. Your crimper will likely be for red/yellow/blue insulated crimp terminals. A ferrule crimper has slightly different sized and shaped jaws on it. And some crimp from 4 sides for a better termination.

You might find you're able to crimp them to a certain degree with a standard set of crimpers, but it will be far from a neat job, and may not even be that tight.

If you don't do that much, you're better off sticking to folding back your flex on itself to double the amount of copper in the terminal.

Yes and no. Your crimper will likely be for red/yellow/blue insulated crimp terminals.
And likely one of the squeeze'n'hope type like this

FS-047-crimping-tool.jpg

not a proper ratchet one like this

DVDHCR15.JPG

Yea, could be, but I thought seeing the picture of the ferrule crimper might have jogged his memory - the first type looks nothing like the same tool (well, it isn't!)

Has the subject changed. CBA to read all that foreign rubbish.

If you didn't have room for two conductors, how will ferrules help?

Has the subject changed. CBA to read all that foreign rubbish.

If you didn't have room for two conductors, how will ferrules help?

that foreign rubbish old chap is my mother tongue from 1943 to 1980..but i can appreciate how it may not be the right stuff here...just joking along with the lads...??
:)

two wont fit side by side...or could both stranded wires be fitted into the ferrule prior to crimping?
looks like my crimper is not really for electrical work and i must admit is was so cheap it wobbled when i was crimping the auto cables

cheers

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back