Strange Bath tap problem . . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new to the site - got a strange problem I think!

For the last few days the bath tap has been running at a trickle - what I mean is that when it is first turned on the water comes out really fast as it used to - UNTIL the water starts to warm up - then it gradually slows to a red hot trickle after about 30 seconds - I have a combi boiler in the kitchen next door to bathroom which provides hot water (Kitchen and bathroom basin tap still run hot as they used to - nice flow)- just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and has any idea what is up with it?

Many thanks

PP

Sponsored Links
It is simply a split tap washer and at worst the jumper has become detached. Isolate the water supply and remove the tap body. Take it to an independent plumbers merchant who will help you with what parts you need. At worst a tap body kit will cost about 15 quid. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back