Strange looking Thermocouple in Robson Willey gas fire

I think this thread should be emailed to the HSE as it proves why spares of any description shouldn't be sold to unregistered installers.
I went to a baxi bbu the other week never been serviced EVER spilling fumes he said,wouldn't stop using it so I went straight away and the heat exchanger was blocked solid with soot.He thought he knew better as he was a Health and safety officer.T**T could have killed his wife and two kids.

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN???????

So you left it in that state!!??? Your having a laugh surely? that makes you as bad as the idiot that started this post, what happened to duty of care? that is ID and you should have done something, not walked away!

Sponsored Links
I assume the BBU is a windup to show how stupid the OP is i am sure it is the H&S Inspector bit as well.

If you did walk away report to transporter, and POST a WAN, if meter outside just disc it in the dead of night, and remember i didn't see it doesn't count!

I think Gavinda here has misread something and Fazedup and Stingray followed him.

It says he wouldn't stop using it SO I WENT STRAIGHT AWAY.
I asked him to stop using the appliance while the initail phonecall was made to me and He WOULDN'T.
I myself, never made any reference to walking away if you read the post properly you will see that.Do you really think I would do that?
In the post I gave the detail of the problem so you could see that the general public out there still don't understand that appliances are dangerous.
I did follow the GSIUR regs but I didn't think I would need to tell you that as judging by the follow up post replies we are talking to those who would know what to do.
Please read the post and you'll see I said he COULD HAVE killed his wife and kids."Could" is a past tense and means in this instance the danger is gone because it has been dealt with.
If I had said "MAY" kill his wife and kids that would infer I walked away.

And He was a Health and Safety officer I didn't make that up to sound good but I told the story to emphasise that even after all the public campaigns about corbon monoxide dangers and getting the appliances checked regularly it doesn't make one bit of difference to some people out there.They still don't think it is all that serious and it will never be a problem.

Sponsored Links
It never ceases to amaise me the people who won't have a co detector.

I had to attend a toffoed system because the woman complained of headache etc in bedroom. Old Vokera in bedroom.

Anyway all was well with the boiler. But i gave her my in depth cod speach as an ex nurse I know it to a greater depth than most gas fitters. She tells me "I am a nurse too" so i says "oh well you should know better than anyone".

But she wouldn't have a cod.

And you can't play the poverty card with me. As a nurse her pay is better than mine. I know all about it. Don't even start that one.

Or could it be the one you where trying to sell for the company can be bought for half the price in Asda. ;)

sorry parky :LOL: .

namsag- the price reflects it getting 'fitted' there and then. yeah i know its more than in shops and i do give my cons the option... but selling it on site gets it done.. how many of your customers have said for years 'oh ill go and get one later' yet never do.

Gavinda . Would have replied earlier but could not type for laughing. FITTED .
you mean handed to customer and told to sit it somewhere probably less than 5% of detectors get actually screwed to wall in the correct position

namsag.. notice this... 'fitted' not fitted. :LOL: i think its a bit much too and allways tell em the truth on the price. but like i said... if they cba to go to diy then they can pay our price.

I dont see anything wrong with being honest about the price. Its obviously going to be higher from BG than from Gavinda's Uncle's corner store.

Just like going to a Volvo dealer for a new tyre is more than going direct to the tyre place round the corner ( where Volvo get them done anyway! )

Tony

amazing the assumptions you make on a name. frecklywhiteguy just didnt have the ring to it. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back