Strange looking Thermocouple in Robson Willey gas fire

It is merely a temparary fix. I really needed to know what the unit in the photo is called! How can I order it if I don't know what it's called.
I have ordered a whole ignition kit for £60. Just in order to get the unit in the photo.

Tc

Sponsored Links
I think I'm much too clever to buy the proper brake pads for my car.
I cut up some old MFI furniture and wedged the bits in. It was a bit off the end of a fireproof sofa so there's no risk. I can't see anything else wich matters so there can't BE anything.
I have tested it. If you put the brakes on the car definitely won't go, so it's perfect.
I bet you wish you were a clever git like me. You should all stop being mugs, and start ignoring safety rubbish.
You gotta die of something, right?

Im glad I dont employ you to service my car Chris because you sound like a cowboy who doesnt know what he's doing :eek:

stick to gas at least you can be trusted to do that right ;)

Hey, man now I'm well impressed. Instead of wasting £15 on the stupid part you're supposed to use
13738312ie7.jpg

You've obviously got something much better because it costs a lot more. I bet you've bought a pilot assembly which doesn't come with a thermocpuple but hey it's all shiny and stuff.
Make sure you hammer it in good and tight or you never know it might explode or something random.

Sponsored Links
Simple question then. What is the description of the item in the photo, if it's not a thermocouple?

I have been told that the unit is available as a pilot assembly of which I have ordered.
Even the manual advises to 'check the thermocouple' and then 'if faulty replace the pilot assembly.

Tc

I have 25 electrical items in my office, i run them all off a single plug socket with multi extention leads, nothing ever happens and they say its a fire risk nothing gone wrong yet and hey it keeps my feet warm and the sparks are like a night light for my PC

i have one word for this guy begins in T ends in R you fill in the blanks (if it don't look right just replace with anohter letter your good at fitting things that don't belong

RIP

You don't have a clue, do your self a favour and call someone that DOES!

I have been told that the unit is available as a pilot assembly of which I have ordered.
Even the manual advises to 'check the thermocouple' and then 'if faulty replace the pilot assembly.

Tc

so what did you do. order a universal t couple and bodge it in place. well i hope its just you in the house and noone you care about. and if you do survive...dont drop the soap darling.

Simple question then. What is the description of the item in the photo, if it's not a thermocouple?

Tc

the law says you are not qualified to work on this appliance.

you persist because you are a dork.

which only goes to amplify the point

you are not qualified to work on this appliance.

geez what does it take? before you realise?

standing at the side of a grave isnt the time to say...

I wished I'd listened

WDIK

Problem i have is it just his grave? does he have children, family, friends who live with him,

And because it fits, it must be fine, he says the fire runs for a few mins then cuts off before his bodge fix, this is worrying.

This is getting worse, with these bodges

I beleive family plots are available at an extra cost.

having buried my late wife who died from cancer, in 2001.
its not the finest view on earth :cry:

Was that t..t for real or a wind up merchant ,who needs to spend loads getting ccn1 and the rest when there is fa..ies like that going about Bill

I think this thread should be emailed to the HSE as it proves why spares of any description shouldn't be sold to unregistered installers.
I went to a baxi bbu the other week never been serviced EVER spilling fumes he said,wouldn't stop using it so I went straight away and the heat exchanger was blocked solid with soot.He thought he knew better as he was a Health and safety officer.T**T could have killed his wife and two kids.

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN???????

id actually like to see the bloke get hurt, i dont give a **** about him, i dont know him, well done for fixing it yourself, we can all sit back and just wait to see what happens to you now. All the best over christmas, oh and sleep tight. Advice is given here for a reason, take notice and appreciate the facts some people care,

I think this thread should be emailed to the HSE as it proves why spares of any description shouldn't be sold to unregistered installers.
I went to a baxi bbu the other week never been serviced EVER spilling fumes he said,wouldn't stop using it so I went straight away and the heat exchanger was blocked solid with soot.He thought he knew better as he was a Health and safety officer.T**T could have killed his wife and two kids.

WHEN WILL THEY EVER LEARN???????

thats when you ring the ng guys... you dont want yourself associated with that address if you've just left em like that. explaing the rights of entry act usually gets peolpe to my way of thinking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back