Stuart Hall

No, deterrent as a concept is completely proven.

Anyone stating deterrent doesn't work are talking unprovable nonsense. icon_wink.gif

Yes it's a deterrent.

The question though is how effective it is, "not very" would be my answer to that.

Then you have to look at the cost, innocent people being killed because there will always be mistakes in the system, hmmm no thanks.

As to the monetary cost, whatever, justice shouldn't be dealt on a cost bases, that's something you do when shopping, not deciding on a suitable legal system.

Sponsored Links
dale cregan killed two police officers in cold blood, if there was any justice in the world this vermin should of had his head in a noose within 24 hours of the verdict, instead joe public will keep him for possibly 40 years+.
and the same goes for the animals who did that to Lee Rigby.
I dont agree with hanging for every single guilty murder verdict, but in a clear cut case like these two, and especially involving the emergency services and armed forces,....ORF with their heads!

We can argue 'til the cows come home whether capital punishment is a deterrent, or that it is just.

One thing that can't be denied: it certainly prevents re-offending.

Yes it's a deterrent.

The question though is how effective it is, "not very" would be my answer to that.

Not very??? How effective do you want it to be FFS.

As for cost, that argument never held water from when it was stated decades ago.

Sponsored Links
C'mon Eddie, that site states the very nonsensical statistics I pointed out earlier.

Human rights activists FFS. What would you expect them to say.

Lets start rounding people up eddie, I'll pay for the rope. :D

C'mon Eddie, that site states the very nonsensical statistics I pointed out earlier.

Human rights activists FFS. What would you expect them to say.

Lets start rounding people up eddie, I'll pay for the rope. :D

No, but I respect your opinion / views.

Back