Subway breakfasts - advisory note

S

subman101

Had one on the way into work this morning just to see what it's like as I don't mind some of their normal sandwiches on rare occasion. (Turkey rasher and egg thing for brekkie for a couple of quid!). Made me feel queasy all day long. Avoid this like the plague.

Sponsored Links
Just looking at the pictures of Subway food makes me feel queasy. I don't get what all the fuss is about with their rubbish bread, filled with cheap, fatty ingredients.

Subs. What the fook's a sub? Someone that takes the place of anther footballer? A submersible boat? Oh sorry, it's a bread roll filled with reconstituted meat, made from cow's lips and arrsholes.

Why do Brits like $hite food, provided by huge multinationals? Subway is just Mcdonalds but with filled rolls instead of burgers.

Had one on the way into work this morning just to see what it's like as I don't mind some of their normal sandwiches on rare occasion. (Turkey rasher and egg thing for brekkie for a couple of quid!). Made me feel queasy all day long. Avoid this like the plague.

Yep.I had one a month ago. CARP. Everything tasted the same - of nothing, and the roll was a soggy mess. I would rather have a bag of salt n vinegar Monster Munch. :)

But as we are all independants (well,most of us), we should support independent business'

EDIT: I hadn't seen the above post.For some reason, I have to open a page and then refresh to get latest posts (since I last looked), Very annoying)

Went in one once for a sausage & Tomato on toast.
They didn't do toast!!!!
Decided on a sausage & egg 'sub' instead. Consisted of 1 raw sausage placed on a roll and then what looked like a piece of dried vomit which was folded into a quadrant shape until she unfolded it. When I asked what it was I was told thats the egg.
No thanks love. I prefer real food.
She was a bit miffed because she then had to dump it as they are not allowed to give it to someone else.

Sponsored Links
I can handle reconstituted eggs courtesy of McDonalds. I was curious regarding the use of turkey instead of bacon and sausage-meat. Absolute disgrace and I'll never eat any of their food again! Still feel sick.

thought u was on a diet Subman.........porridge......or museli for you!!!!!!!

Actually, with his name I reckon he is a regular there but has just had a baddun' and wants to let off steam about it.

It looks really processed. Sadly that's the modern way. I recently had a small contract with a couple and didn't like it. They are franchised and the pressure on them is immense.

When McDonald's first came to the UK they were investigating the market they were horrified at the food being presented to UK consumers. The reply came back " They don't want quality they want quantity"

In the early eighties, I worked for a company servicing their a/c at the time so visited about 70 on regular basis including the Uk's first = Woolwich. (they only had just about 100 UK stores in total) Compared to the competition it was way ahead in terms of food and equally important hygiene. We also had the Burger King contract and I would be offered free food in both (up to 5 meals a day were on offer) I would often take the McDonald's but never the BK food....

Sadly now cost cutting has gone the over processed way, hygiene is still better than most but quality has suffered. As an example try eating one of their fries cold. It actually tastes of cardboard..

Last summer I was in subway and wanted a BMT (big meat tasty) but mistakenly asked for a BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato)

I did not watch the prep, but just before sauce time, I noticed a distinct lack of meat and way too much vegetable

I asked where the meat was and the guy identified the bacon. I said where is the other meat and he got a bit defensive about his sandwich prep skills. Then it occurred to me that it was a BLT.

I said I had made a mistake and wanted a BMT, so just throw a few bits of the other meat on. He said he could not do it, because then it would not be a BLT. I said I did not want a BLT I wanted a BMT. He said it would not be a BMT either.

I was laughing but the sub guy was not. We exchanged a few more BM L and T comments, but he just would not put any other meat on. He said he would have to throw the sandwich away and make another!

Apparently it was "policy". He then offered to add more items to the BLT at extra cost!

The most annoying thing, was that he really could not see the stupidity of what he was saying or proposing

In the end he made me a BMT and threw the BLT away

Actually, with his name I reckon he is a regular there but has just had a baddun' and wants to let off steam about it.

When I saw his user name, I did wonder if he was sponsored by them. However, judging by his reviews of their products, maybe not.

I can handle reconstituted eggs courtesy of McDonalds. I was curious regarding the use of turkey instead of bacon and sausage-meat. Absolute disgrace and I'll never eat any of their food again! Still feel sick.

Two things.

McDonalds use fresh eggs in their breakfasts, not reconstituted egg.

As for subway, it depends which one you go in. The ones run by muslims serve only halal products hence the bacon and sausage being substituted with turkey. Other stores do sell pork products.

Thanks RF - I was unaware that local demography affected the produce used. As for McD using real eggs - not anywhere in the Manchester area from my all too extensive experience :oops:

Thanks RF - I was unaware that local demography affected the produce used. As for McD using real eggs - not anywhere in the Manchester area from my all too extensive experience :oops:

Which is precisely why Diane reminded you about your diet!!! :eek:

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back