Subway breakfasts - advisory note

Maccy D use real eggs. And other real ingredients.

One of the few actually.

Sponsored Links
I've always avoided buying stuff like subways but largly because it just seems expensive for a sandwich. I can buy a loaf , make my own and have sarnies all week for the same price but reading what has been posted here I'm begining to think my tightness has stood me well.

Thanks RF - I was unaware that local demography affected the produce used. As for McD using real eggs - not anywhere in the Manchester area from my all too extensive experience :oops:

Well, I am veggie, but I do eat eggs. And McD's use FR eggs. And I've had a few Egg Mc Muffins round South Manchester.

I've NEVER seen recon egg. Think you must have been extremely unclucky.

I've had egg muffins over the last few years in Grand Central SK1, Hazel Grove SK7, Levenshulme M19, Reddish SK5, Bredbury SK6, Macc SK10, Baguley M23 and Fallowfield M14 to name a good few.

Have you never had a proper egg?

Come to think of it, have you ever had a McD's muffin?

Sponsored Links
I hardly ever go subways. There food hardly looks nice :/ Plus I don't like how some of the sandwitches are drenched in sauce.

Well, I am veggie, but I do eat eggs. And McD's use FR eggs. And I've had a few Egg Mc Muffins round South Manchester.

I've NEVER seen recon egg. Think you must have been extremely unclucky.

I've had egg muffins over the last few years in Grand Central SK1, Hazel Grove SK7, Levenshulme M19, Reddish SK5, Bredbury SK6, Macc SK10, Baguley M23 and Fallowfield M14 to name a good few.

Have you never had a proper egg?

Come to think of it, have you ever had a McD's muffin?
Are you honestly telling me that the rubbery thing referred to as an egg is really a fresh egg cooked from scratch in the "restaurant"??

Dont ever go to the counter in subway and order for someone else - bring them with you! Or you WILL end up shouting across the place, "What bread?" "cheese and toasted?" and "Any sauce?" to your mates.

I dread getting to the counter, "yes please?" Umm . . . which bit do I say first??? The type of bread? The size? The main filling? Arrrgh! So many options! Then it all comes out at once in a blur. Then I memorise the salad I want, in the order I'm going to say it. Then I'm confused once more by the "meal deal" option. Its like a feckin lucky dip which size drink cup to pick for the meal deal.

Anyway, I think the quality is good when you eventually get it, but I've only used Doncaster Frenchgate centre upstairs (theres one downstairs too :confused: ).

It sounds like some on here have had bad experiences. The one about "policy" to chuck the wrong order away, it sounds like he was new, and had just swallowed the rule book. We all bend rules when we have worked at a place for a while, especially to please customers.

Last time I had a sausage and egg mcmuffin, The egg was done in a form, so it came out perfectly formed, a bit fake-looking, so I can understand someone above thinking it was reconstituted.

I do like McDonalds' "ethical" plan, they do a lot for communities and charity, as well as sourcing their wares from British farmers (so they claim). Their burgers taste ok to me, though I'm a KFC man myself.

Last time I had a sausage and egg mcmuffin, The egg was done in a form, so it came out perfectly formed, a bit fake-looking, so I can understand someone above thinking it was reconstituted. .
It's the rubbery texture and the fact that it tastes of no freshly fried egg that I've ever had at home nor in cafes.

But if Alarm and Secure say that it really is freshly cooked in store, then I'm happy to accept that and thus stand corrected.

Do McD's fry eggs? Its been a long time, but they didnt look fried. More like poached, but inside a plastic mould.

Ordered 2 foot long subs.Assistant asks if i would like them toasted?with cheese?and do i want salad? I said yes to all and can i have a bit of each salad item.She said choose a drink and a treat to make it a meal deal.That's £17.50 please,i nearly fainted :eek:

Ordered 2 foot long subs.Assistant asks if i would like them toasted?with cheese?and do i want salad? I said yes to all and can i have a bit of each salad item.She said choose a drink and a treat to make it a meal deal.That's £17.50 please,i nearly fainted :eek:
Yer fat b*tard. :LOL:

Remind me not to go to a subway in lincs.

My son used to work for subway as assistant manager but got pi$$ed off with their training regime.
Subs have to be prepared in a certain order. They are not supposed to just put the meat on, then any salad bits in any order they want. The salad is supposed to be chosen by the customer then depending on what is chosen, it has to be added in a certain order. He got fed up with the 'mystery' shoppers who would come in and, just like has been said, falter over what they wanted so he would have to wait till he knew exactly what they wanted and assemble it in the proper order. He would 'assemble' it as they were ordering and then at the end of the day he would often receive a phone call to say he did this or so and so did that or thingy done the other.
Had enough and one night when the phone rang told his manager to, "Get down here 'cos I'm resigning and can't be ar$ed to lock up your shop."
As soon as the manager pulled up in his car he walked over, tossed the keys through the car window and said, "Its all yours!"
He used to come home with his clothes reeking of the smells! YUK!

But if Alarm and Secure say that it really is freshly cooked in store, then I'm happy to accept that and thus stand corrected.

They are done in a mould. I have 4 myself when making sausage, egg and bacon muffins for my lot or at campsites. The egg is made to be a certain diameter and depth. The trick is to add a little oil on the top ( A sprinkle of hot oil not a lot) to give an even cooked consistency.
I think Maccy D`s flip theirs at the last for a few seconds to ensure the yolk is totally cooked.

Nothing like a fully stacked home made muffin :D

Subs are lovely, the 12" club sub in italian rustic is fantastic. maybe we just have good ones round here. I like maccy d's occasionally although they sit like lead in your belly afterwards i really wish they'd bring the mega mac back, cos i have to have 2 big macs. KFC, sooo variable, if you get a good one, then they are lovely, but generally, they're just dripping in grease. pizza hut pizza's are lovely too, domino's not so good.

Sponsored Links
Back