Subway

or 'reverse bigotry' instead of racism and it'd be ok, because it's no longer racism.
-“People can be racist against white people too.”

No, they cannot. There is an inherent logical fallacy in your argument that will never make it true. However, white people can be discrimated against. Discrimination is different from racism.

Racism is when intolerance in attitudes and ideals of a society are ingrained in a culture to the point where patterns of discrimination towards a certain race are institutionalized as normal. If you keep this in mind, you’ll understand that reverse racism doesn’t- and can’t- exist.
http://callingoutbigotry.tumblr.com/post/51288105158/why-reverse-racism-doesnt-exist[/QUOTE]

This is a subtle re-definition of the word "racism". I'm not absolutely comfortable with it. However it does illustrate that the attitudes of a lot of contibutors on this forum have become so ingrained to the point that it appears normal.

Interesting tumblr link. Here is another excerpt from that post "Just ONE white person has more power to do actual harm to a black person than one hundred black people do to that white person. A white person can KILL a black person without any consequences, "

Outrageous statement with nothing to back it up. Just like the bit you quoted. Still stand by that source?

I did state that it was a re-definition of the word racism, which I was not comfortable with.
I also intentionally left out the bits that I did not necessarily agree with.
I presented an argument against your "reverse bigotry" to illustrate how I understood your amorphous and nebulous comment, which I've asked you to explain and you have failed to do so. You're reduced to arguing against my illustration.
Would you like another go at explaining your "reverse bigotry" phrase? Or will you ignore it, like you've conveniently ignored the other phrases that you've used; "positive insults", "doublespeak".

Also, I think everyone else on here knows exactly what I mean when I talk about doublespeak and you, roguehanger. If you still need it spelled out for you then we can only conclude you must be doing 20mph in a 30mph zone.
So your explanation of "doublespeak" is : everyone knows what it means! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

Well I must be going at 20mph in the 30mph zone. So please explain, in context, precisely who and when you are refering to, who was using doublespeak. I'll see if I can keep up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think you just grabbed a few words out of the dictionary and threw them together to ty to make a coherent sentence.
I'll reprint it for you here. Now please explain exactly what you meant, and how the phrases fit together, if you can:
Don't underestimate the power of doublespeak in these situations, ie maybe you could call it 'positive insults' or 'reverse bigotry' instead of racism and it'd be ok, because it's no longer racism.

Sponsored Links
Even if we take your word for it that you didn't mean your racist comment in a racist way, the fact is you made a racial slur.
What a crock.

If you infer racism in RH's comments then you must infer racism in Whitepuddings name.

The Thankers get dumber every day!

A comment doesn't have to be intended as a racist comment, for it to be considered racist. What matters is how it was taken. As many people have indicated they saw it as a racist comment, that is precisely what it is.

Even if we take your word for it that you didn't mean your racist comment in a racist way, the fact is you made a racial slur.
OK, and I apologised. I suppose I deserve a hard time and I expect it.

But as you've made so many intentionally racially abusive comments yourself, do you really think you're in a good position to give me a hard time. I don't think so.

I haven't made a single one.

Sponsored Links
A comment doesn't have to be intended as a racist comment, for it to be considered racist. What matters is how it was taken. As many people have indicated they saw it as a racist comment, that is precisely what it is.

OK, and I apologised. I suppose I deserve a hard time and I expect it.

But as you've made so many intentionally racially abusive comments yourself, do you really think you're in a good position to give me a hard time. I don't think so.

I haven't made a single one.

That's typical cajar response: "let's go on a diversion 'cos I can't understand my comment myself so don't ask me to explain it".
Please explain your self:
Don't underestimate the power of doublespeak in these situations, ie maybe you could call it 'positive insults' or 'reverse bigotry' instead of racism and it'd be ok, because it's no longer racism.
Instead of trying to gloss over it and pretend you never said it.

Eurogoon, you are such a fool. There you go again with your sweeping statements.

You are without doubt the most obnoxious little person that ever posted on this forum and you hijack every thread with your blinkered mutterings
I'm now going to put you on block so that I don't have to listen to you any more - should have done it long ago.

So farewell my Euro friend. I might unblock you in a year or so when you are old enough to shave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPm79YGIiyc

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Well coathanger, when you supported discrimination against a job candidate because of their skin colour, you convinced (yourself) that it was ok as long as you called it 'positive action' instead of discrimination. Maybe you can do the same with your racist comment and go to bed tonight glowing like a ready-brek kid while the rest of us shake our heads in despair.

He swings whichever way the legal winds blows Cajar; not thinking for himself or using logic and common sense.

To that end he will be right, but only just about as right, respected and trusted as most politicians are these days... :rolleyes:

True mate, he's full of weasel words. Legally he's wrong about intent being required for a comment to be racist though. And organisations that campaign against racism and bigotry take the stance that intent of the person making the slur is irrelevant, what matters is how it was received, so watch him do another 180 degree turn on that next.

Eurogoon, you are such a fool. There you go again with your sweeping statements.

You are without doubt the most obnoxious little person that ever posted on this forum and you hijack every thread with your blinkered mutterings
I'm now going to put you on block so that I don't have to listen to you any more - should have done it long ago.

So farewell my Euro friend. I might unblock you in a year or so when you are old enough to shave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPm79YGIiyc[/QUOTE]

Good point. I have never blocked anyone on this forum (or any for that matter) but, as I never read any of his rubbish anyway, I suppose that there's no reason why I shouldn't block coathanger. A major benefit, of course, will be that I have much less scrolling to do!

Done.

The children are throwing their dummies out again via the 'Ignore' button.

Even more pathetic is to actually announce it! Get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

What a dope! Talk about a mickey mouse character.
He makes an aopology, hoping that it wasn't really needed and challenges me to find a racially abusive comment of his, which I duly oblige.
So he calls me a Eurogoon, accuses me of making sweeping statements, tries to insult me, and puts me on ignore.

Plonker of the highest degree, or should that be lowest? :LOL: :LOL:

What about apologising for something that you did do, rather than for something you don't think you did?

Well coathanger, when you supported discrimination against a job candidate because of their skin colour, you convinced (yourself) that it was ok as long as you called it 'positive action' instead of discrimination. Maybe you can do the same with your racist comment and go to bed tonight glowing like a ready-brek kid while the rest of us shake our heads in despair.
Apart from analysing the accuracy of your accusation, what the heck is this? Is it some form of explanation for your "reverse bigotry" phrase.
That's not an explanation, that's a potential example, except that it's not accurate.
Please explain yourself when you used the phrases: "doublespeak", "positive insults", and "reverse bigotry", if you can, and how they link together in your statement.
I notice that you've side-stepped, body-swerved and ducked the issue so far.
Or will you do a mickey mouse act like squeaky and put me on ignore?

True mate, he's full of weasel words. Legally he's wrong about intent being required for a comment to be racist though. And organisations that campaign against racism and bigotry take the stance that intent of the person making the slur is irrelevant, what matters is how it was received, so watch him do another 180 degree turn on that next.
"Legally" I'm wrong. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Come on then dopey, show me the "legal" definition of racism.

Far from doing any turn about making an accidental potentially abusive comment. I owned up, faced up and apologised.
I even accepted your accusation that it was racist even though it was not intended to be so.
If that's your idea of a 180 degree turn, you've been on the straight and narrow all the way. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
No wonder we don't understand each other, you're completely off your trolley. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He swings whichever way the legal winds blows Cajar; not thinking for himself or using logic and common sense.

To that end he will be right, but only just about as right, respected and trusted as most politicians are these days... :rolleyes:

I don't think you're a dopey plonker, BT.
I think you're a conniving hypocrite.
You state publicy that you abhor racism yet you continue to support the overt racists on this forum, even when they're full of carp.

Like I've said many times, you should look up congruency, if you want to retain some integrity.
Walk the walk, BT, not just talk the talk.

Good point. I have never blocked anyone on this forum (or any for that matter) but, as I never read any of his rubbish anyway, I suppose that there's no reason why I shouldn't block coathanger. A major benefit, of course, will be that I have much less scrolling to do!

Done.
Your memory is suffering, BJ, you've claimed several times to have me on ignore. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It's not much point in me looking for those posts where you claimed to put me on ignore, because by the time I've found them you'll have forgotten what you were talking about. :LOL: :LOL:

I want you to sit down and write out 100 times, "I usually don't make much sense!"
You can't go home until you've completed it.
And don't be a naughty boy again. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back