Sunshine, heat and lightning

Sponsored Links
I was 9 in 76, remember it very well, everything was brown, apart from the dog turds of course!

Blooming whipper snapper,19 yr old working in a factory,must have liked the heat still stuck in there,no escape committee.

Sponsored Links
Don't quote me. According to the most reliable meteo site I've found [and I ain't telling you] Thurs 31 is going to turn wet for us all. This wetness is gonna be with us for a long time to boot. It will be accompanied with a cold front.

There we have the answer!

Holiday in the UK - not flying should please the greenies.

Bring back coal-fired power stations to protect us from the sun.

The greenies wouldn't be too happy about the second, but surely the first would cancel that out!

Not happy about the prospect of more coal powered stations but they would be happy with regards to your sudden dawning realisation that humans can influence their envoiroment ;) ;)

Incidently since flying has been mentioned there has been investigation into airplane con trails ( or chem trails if you want a conspiracy) and their effect of reflecting sunlight away from the planet. 911 was an opertunatey to test the theory as nothing was flying in north America so of course no con trails and clear skies to compare to a normal day.

What affect do all these planes pumping out exhaust have on us? Surely a lot of what comes out falls to earth for us to breathe. Mass air travel is a fairly recent thing. Have the affects on us been researched?

You had powdered egg? Eee by gum, lad, you had it good!
Our ration books were kept under counter, never to see light of day..
(I've left your half pound of sausages in your drawer, sir)

Luxury, We used to dream about avin a ration book. Best we could manage were a hand written note sayin we could look at t'powdered egg fer half an hour. We weren't allowed to touch it though, or smell it or even remember it on't way om. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
What affect do all these planes pumping out exhaust have on us? Surely a lot of what comes out falls to earth for us to breathe. Mass air travel is a fairly recent thing. Have the affects on us been researched?

We're doomed, doomed, I tell you.

Personally, I believe the only hope for the continuance of the human race would be for us all to emigrate to Mars. I propose two gigantic space arks: one for our dossers (indigenous and imported), along with hairdressers, politicians and local councillors; the other for the rest of us.

(I assume some of you are familiar with the concept as featured in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)

From what I can glean the research has concentrated on the effects of water condensating in the upper atmosphere from plane exhausts forming what are in effect artificial clouds to reflect sunlight. The grounding of aircraft post 911 did show a noticeable or rather measurable effect at ground level.If nothing else the satellite pictures do show just how many flights there are on a ''normal'' day/
Incidently your comment about us breathing in the exhausts starts to get into the chem trail conspiracy. Look it up for your self but it basically says chemicals are put into plane fuel to dispearse it over the population and the trails are '' proof '' of this in action. Make up your own mind on that one.
On a slightly related point I worked some time ago at Caulke Abbey and the lead roof there was covered in little dark spots which we were told were deposits from planes using Manchester airport so presumably not all the exhaust stays in the atmosphere.

you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Cooked or gassed, anyone for tennis ?

Sponsored Links
Back