Supporting a C/H Circulation Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pump has failed today and I'm going to fit a replacement.

The pump is currently unsupported by pipe clips suspended in the pipework which is unfixed apart from its connection to tank and heating pipework going away from the cupboard. There is a fair amount of noise coming from the pump and pipework due to vibration (the pumps has had it). When I fit the new pump should I support the pipes with clips or leave as is? What is normally done?

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pipe work should be clipped whether a pump is in it or not. Strange noises could be caused by stray vibrations.

Clip the pipe work either side of the pump as a minimum. You may have to set the pipe clips on a small piece of wood as the pump isolating valves will stop the pipe clipping into normally spaced pipe clips.

I've seen munsen rings used before.
They project out further than normal pipe clips and they're stronger, pumps are pretty heavy for plastic clips.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replys.

I've googled munsen and school board clamps and can see that these will support the pump/pipework far more solidly than plastic clips. As pointed out I'll use wooden blocks to fill the space between pipe and wall.

Thank you for the advice...

Cheers
Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back